Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, I'd like to know if the miniatures from runebound 3rd edition are the exact same than those contained in some of the descent expansions , from someone who own both perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hero models do appear to be the same as the ones released with the various Descent 2nd edition expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same but the funny thing is that at least elder Mok is a bit smaller than in descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprisingly, they are not the same. Most of them are the same pose (Corbin notwithstanding), but the Runebound ones are slightly larger, and the detail quality between the two car vary a fair bit. The scale is close enough though that I was able to pick and choose which ones to use and paint for Descent (leaving Runebound unpainted).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I see. I have a painted set of the Runebound one (http://lilpaintshop.weebly.com)
That I wanted to keep for Descent and switch with the other one to sell my runebound unpainted, I guess I can't do that. Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
couteaupapillon wrote:
Hi, I'd like to know if the miniatures from runebound 3rd edition are the exact same than those contained in some of the descent expansions , from someone who own both perhaps?

I own everything for Descent 1E and 2E, as well as everything from Runebound 3E except for Unbreakable Bonds.

None of the minis are the same. However, the degree by which a character's versions are different can range from extremely obvious (Corbin with different scale and different pose) to very subtle (Nanok with very slight scale difference and slightly different helmet horns).

As a rule, the Runebound mini is at a smaller scale, which actually fits in better with the original core game heroes of Descent 2E. I have swapped all of my available R3E heroes with their counterparts in the D2E storage box, because they're more in scale with the core game minis. I'm fine with using these oversized D2E heroes on the R3E board (in fact it's preferable).

If you're into house-ruling or using the conversion kit, R3E expansions is the only way you can get updated sculpts of Red Scorpion and Eliam (really good sculpts too; I have Red Scorpion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mlai00 wrote:
couteaupapillon wrote:

I own everything for Descent 1E and 2E, as well as everything from Runebound 3E except for Unbreakable Bonds.

None of the minis are the same. However, the degree by which a character's versions are different can range from extremely obvious (Corbin with different scale and different pose) to very subtle (Nanok with very slight scale difference and slightly different helmet horns).

As a rule, the Runebound mini is at a smaller scale, which actually fits in better with the original core game heroes of Descent 2E. I have swapped all of my available R3E heroes with their counterparts in the D2E storage box, because they're more in scale with the core game minis. I'm fine with using these oversized D2E heroes on the R3E board (in fact it's preferable).

If you're into house-ruling or using the conversion kit, R3E expansions is the only way you can get updated sculpts of Red Scorpion and Eliam (really good sculpts too; I have Red Scorpion).

Thanks! I now own Descent 2nd edition and I find the miniature of Runebound to be of much higher quality for painting, I really got good result with them compared to the Descent one. but yeah, side by side you could use both and won't notice too much, it makes me not want to buy the expansion for Descent with the same models than the runebound one, but since I have only the miniature not the card I cant play with them. Oh well, theres a lot of other heros

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.