Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to get out of the way that I only intend to use Elves, Halflings, and Orcs from this set in my Smash Up games because they don't use Monsters/Treasures directly from their decks making them combinable with the actual game factions.

However, the bases that are attached to those 3 factions do have monsters listed on them.

Question is, how would you account for that if it comes up? Would you just add 2 more bust points for each monster listed? increase bust points by a standard number? Something else entirely? How would you approach using those bases without Monsters if they happen to come up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Goddard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were to do it this way, I would just skip the bases entirely--if you don't want the additional mechanics of monsters & treasures, why bother with the additional mechanics of adding up numbers for a particular subset of (just six) bases when they come out?

If you're determined to add in some de-munchkined Munchkin bases, I'd add 3 breakpoints per monster (unmodified average of non-Web Troll monsters is 2.875) and also use the Mage bases and the Hotel of Holiness, which don't reference monsters or treasures either.

Speaking of Hotel of Holiness, you can also use Clerics, getting yourself a full 4-faction set. There's one card that references monsters, but that card (Turner) specifically has another ability you can use instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.