Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have questions:

So after the auction we pay to improve our cards and they are immediately activated. Does this include magic scrolls giving us immediate income before the end of the round, to pay for more improvementsin the same improvement phase? After all, unless I'm mistaken a magic scroll is included as an 'improvement' card (although semantically it isn't really).

Also, the packdragon track seems odd to me. I can get an improvement card to get unlimited income that take a possible 6 gems. However on the packdragon track I can pay considerably less to get the same. And since there it no arrow from the track above (simple upgrade track), it seems that I can upgrade the packdragon from round 1 to quickly attain no income limits.

Is that right, or should I be waiting for the simple upgrade track to be filled first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
itsastickup wrote:

I have questions:

So after the auction we pay to improve our cards and they are immediately activated. Does this include magic scrolls giving us immediate income before the end of the round, to pay for more improvementsin the same improvement phase? After all, unless I'm mistaken a magic scroll is included as an 'improvement' card (although semantically it isn't really).

No spell scrolls have their own section under Phase I (income). They are separate and do not count towards income limits (spelled out really clearly in my rules set).

itsastickup wrote:

Also, the packdragon track seems odd to me. I can get an improvement card to get unlimited income that take a possible 6 gems. However on the packdragon track I can pay considerably less to get the same.

not all board sides have packdragon track.

itsastickup wrote:

And since there it no arrow from the track above (simple upgrade track), it seems that I can upgrade the packdragon from round 1 to quickly attain no income limits.

Is that right, or should I be waiting for the simple upgrade track to be filled first?

You can only add 1 cube per round to any card or board improvement. You don't have to wait to fill any card before filling board spaces or vice-a-versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klbush wrote:
itsastickup wrote:

I have questions:

No spell scrolls have their own section under Phase I (income). They are separate and do not count towards income limits (spelled out really clearly in my rules set).

The rules explicitly say that improvement cards are immediately activated by the first upgrade block, and no exceptions are given. While I agree that one could reasonably think that income is restricted to the income phase, I don't remember the rules ever saying that. Meanwhile blocks can be added at two phases.

Ie, this isn't spelled out at all, let alone clearly. And that's the reason I am asking. After all, scroll cards are improvement cards, technically.

Quote:

itsastickup wrote:

Also, the packdragon track seems odd to me. I can get an improvement card to get unlimited income that take a possible 6 gems. However on the packdragon track I can pay considerably less to get the same.

not all board sides have packdragon track.

itsastickup wrote:

And since there it no arrow from the track above (simple upgrade track), it seems that I can upgrade the packdragon from round 1 to quickly attain no income limits.

You can only add 1 cube per round to any card or board improvement. You don't have to wait to fill any card before filling board spaces or vice-a-versa.

The question is whether I can add to the packdragon track, in the first round, without reference to the simple upgrade track above it. Since there is no joining down arrow on the board, linking the two, one presumably can, but for the reasons given above, that seems odd and wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Magic scrolls can only be cashed in in phase I.

2. Yes, you can start your packdragon in turn 1, there is no connection to the track above. There are some player tableaus not having a packdragon track. They can only increase their income limit by buying the appropriate card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lorrimer
United Kingdom
Harrow on the Hill
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
1. Magic scrolls can only be cashed in in phase I.

2. Yes, you can start your packdragon in turn 1, there is no connection to the track above. There are some player tableaus not having a packdragon track. The can only increase there income limit by buying the appropriate card.

Wonderful, thanks Alexander. We're liking your game, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.