Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: 2 people playing 4 player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
No Name
msg tools
I very much enjoy Pandemic. It's a fantastic game. Who wouldn't think so? I hadn't played it for a while, did so a few weekends ago, and loved it like I used to. So, I've decided to get Legacy.

However, my gaming 'group' is only me and my girlfriend. To get what we feel is the most out of Pandemic, we each play as two game roles and just ensure that each hand is kept separate throughout the game.

We're looking to do the same with Legacy, as we're again keen to get the absolute most out of the game. But, and without any spoiler at all(!!!), will this lead us into problems with Legacy? Not knowing how it plays out, I don't know if this is going to end up breaking the game.

Ps. I'm sure people will have views on whither this 2 player playing 4 players setup is good, bad or makes no difference in Pandemic or indeed any game. But, I'm really keen to keep this to if this is a possibility for Legacy or not.

Many thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 2 players with one character each with my wife. I would recommend taking 2 characters each. There's more to explore that way and it's not going to have any negative effects on the Legacy aspects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You will be fine. 2 characters each will work out nicely.

Here is the only FAQ / Rules Reference you need if you have any questions about anything as you play:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1470601/compiled-faq-spoile...

Every month / and even things within months are contained within their own spoilers, so that when a question comes up you can safely expand them to where you are at in the campaign without being spoiled on anything and should be able to find clarifications to 99% of any questions that might come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you already enjoy playing with two roles each in base Pandemic, do the same for Legacy! It raises the difficulty of the game somewhat, but a challenge is fun, right?

Furthermore, you can switch player counts between games so if playing two roles doesn't work out for you, you can always play single roles in the next game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Name
msg tools
Many thanks to everyone for responding.

I think we'll give it a go the way we've been playing it. I like they way that we can switch back to 2 roles if it's not working out too well.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Since you cannot really get in the role of the character you play if you each play 2 (unless you're schyzophrenic maybe ), give each character the name of someone you both know. That's what we did, and it added to the tension so much

*I need to move [friend] to Manilla, but there's a chance of an outbreak. (later) Oh no, what have I done ! [friend] forgive me ! *
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.