10 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Tabletopia Criticism rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Horist

California
msg tools
1. Scythe on Tabletopia does not random a different mat on creation of a new game. Every game has the exact same setup (Red/Agri for example.) You can shuffle seats, but you can't shuffle player mat's.

This means I/we have to:
A) Pull up an RNG to decide what mat we are all going to get and let everyone know.
B) We all have to unlock the mat,
C) Dump all the pieces off the mat,
D) Bring the correct mat over,
E) Move all my pieces back onto the mat,
F) Fix our popularity and coin amounts.

2. All factory cards are placed on the board, instead of having players+1 quantity.

If I'm missing something much easier then doing the above, please let me know.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's great feedback to share with Tabletopia! Have you reported it to them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Horist

California
msg tools
I did not, but I will now. I was under the false impression that this stuff went through the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, I've had to give up on playing Scythe on Tabletopia. After the last update, it never worked right for me again. If I zoomed out anywhere near being able to see the bulk of the board, things would get so choppy that I couldn't even use the mouse.

There aren't many settings/options, and I was running it on the lowest graphics setting. It's too bad...

Their customer support was less than helpful in my situation, but you may have better results with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let Tabletopia know about this thread. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Horist

California
msg tools
Jeff, did you access it through Steam or a browser? I had problems in a browser, but none through Steam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan, I accessed it through Steam. Using any browser was very problematic, right from the beginning.

I had issues with Hostage Negotiator as well on Tabletopia, but that one was remedied with an update. Other games seemed to work OK on there, but I haven't fooled with the service in quite a while, as I really was only using it to play Scythe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus T.
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, Scythe runs great on Tabletop Simulator. But it should, considering the cost compared to Tabletopia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C
msg tools
mbmbmb
Tabletop Simulator run this game beautify. The only issue I've had with it was someone dropped the chest of tokens off the table and it didn't respawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
slugga Slade
msg tools
@Josh C Anytime anything like that happens it Tabletop Simulator just spam the undo button a couple of times to reverse time, the game keeps a constant 30 "Save" snapshots buffered taking a new one every 10 or so seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.