Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Game Reviewer
badge
Help, I can't stop laughing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all.

Just played the game for the first time and scoured BGG for a few questions.

Seems like the looping question I have might have been answered, but I wanted to offer a more detailed example so I can make sure I'm playing correctly.

Say I play a 5 on a battlefield. My opponent plays a 3. I follow up by playing an 8 to loop.

Order is now 5>3>8.

So now my question splits into two.

1) What happens if my opponent is able to tap/exhaust my original 5 card? Does the three or eight become the starting card on the pile? Can my opponent now play a 7, 6, 5, 4, or 2? What happens if I am able to restore my card? What if my opponent already has a 5 on the pile, and I restore mine?

2) What happens if my opponent instead of tapping, completely removes my original 5 card and discards it to my discard pile? Which card becomes the starting card?

I would hugely appreciate some clarification on this. It's kept me from getting it played.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

It does not matter what your oppoent plays - they have their owb battle line. Your numbers start at 5, SO you can play anything below 5. If you play an 8, then you can only play a 7, and 6 afterward.

If you lose a card (rare) the starting card is the first card now in play, which would have been you second card.

SO, the key s to understand that rach player is building a line on their side of the battlefield. Each only effects their own line in the cards they add to it. Their attacks can effect your line.

I hope this helps.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hecox
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Game Reviewer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

It does not matter what your oppoent plays - they have their owb battle line. Your numbers start at 5, SO you can play anything below 5. If you play an 8, then you can only play a 7, and 6 afterward.

If you lose a card (rare) the starting card is the first card now in play, which would have been you second card.

SO, the key s to understand that rach player is building a line on their side of the battlefield. Each only effects their own line in the cards they add to it. Their attacks can effect your line.

I hope this helps.

Richard

Oh my, I totally misunderstood and thought both sides contributed to the battle line number.

So, when you stun another player's card, does that card lose its place in the battle line until it's recovered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No. A stunned card holds its place. It does not add to the success of the battle line until it recovers, but it remains active. If stunned and attacked because no cards were unstunned, it may be removed, but most often you can play a matching card or a card with a healing power to restore it.

Thanks for playing.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hecox
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
Game Reviewer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful. That clears everything up for me.

I appreciate your time, Richard!

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.