J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Just like the evidence he had concerning the 3-5 million votes cast illegally in the 2016 election -- all for Clinton.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/15/trump-says-will-s...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
He realized long ago just how short people's attention span is. His motto is: say just about anything you like for short term gain; within a couple weeks say something else outrageous that causes everyone's head to turn in that direction.

Take one interview he did during the campaign, where he literally said he'd be ok with sending American citizens accused of terrorism to out-of-country military tribunals. Let that sink in...that is straight-up scary and directly against the 6th amendment. Yet it was a blip in the night because the next week something else crazy came out.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Just like the evidence he had concerning the 3-5 million votes cast illegally in the 2016 election -- all for Clinton.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/15/trump-says-will-s...



Cracks me up, one of the comments to the article;

I can't wait for him to slap a giant microwave down on the table and yell "Here's the thing that's been spying on me!"

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really sure why we're wasting so much time and energy on a sideshow. Aren't we used to it yet? Blithering idiot blithers idiotically...news at 11?

Let's pay attention to his budget proposal (for instance) and ignore the random bleatings of a febrile mind.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Just like the evidence he had concerning the 3-5 million votes cast illegally in the 2016 election -- all for Clinton.



And cunningly distributed so as not to win the electoral vote. It's a VERY deep game.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched most of Sean Spicer's press conference today. What a train wreck. He went on a long rant about the evidence for "wire tapping," (quotes are necessary apparently), including citing this as support. I'm really not making this up. That's right. Obama got the UK's Government Communications Headquarters to access the NSA's database to get him transcripts, so like the CIA, NSA, and FBI just have no idea. Of course, it's been flatly denied by the UK, but let's not let that stand in Spicer's way.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/03/14/fox-news-co...

6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Sue_G wrote:
I just watched most of Sean Spicer's press conference today. What a train wreck. He went on a long rant about the evidence for "wire tapping," (quotes are necessary apparently), including citing this as support. I'm really not making this up. That's right. Obama got the UK's Government Communications Headquarters to access the NSA's database to get him transcripts, so like the CIA, NSA, and FBI just have no idea. Of course, it's been flatly denied by the UK, but let's not let that stand in Spicer's way.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/03/14/fox-news-co...


It's alternative facts, Sue. C'mon, you know this.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Sue_G wrote:
I just watched most of Sean Spicer's press conference today. What a train wreck. He went on a long rant about the evidence for "wire tapping," (quotes are necessary apparently), including citing this as support. I'm really not making this up. That's right. Obama got the UK's Government Communications Headquarters to access the NSA's database to get him transcripts, so like the CIA, NSA, and FBI just have no idea. Of course, it's been flatly denied by the UK, but let's not let that stand in Spicer's way.

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/03/14/fox-news-co...


It's alternative facts, Sue. C'mon, you know this.


Yeah, the whole press conference was surreal. I just loved that his evidence for wiretapping was coming from news reports including conspiracy theories, as if they are evidence. Oh wait, right. Sean Spicer means "evidence," which is different than evidence. It's broader and includes a lot more things.

There was one point where he was getting really upset with a reporter who kept bringing up the statements from the intelligence committee saying they hadn't found any evidence. He starts ranting that he finds it really interesting that the reporter is saying there is no evidence when the reporter "has no intelligence." The whole room finally had a laugh. The only moment of truth in the entire briefing as it's pretty clear Spicer and the rest think that the press and the public are stupid enough to buy their garbage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Sadly, at least 30% of the public does buy it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, missed this gem on the conspiracy theory seeds: "Napolitano’s claim can be traced in part back to an interview on the state-sponsored Russian network RT with a former CIA official who has accused John Kerry of war crimes, spread the 2008 rumor about a supposed recording of former first lady Michelle Obama “railing against ‘whitey,’” and now is floating "sedition" charges against former Obama officials."

Nice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
I'm not really sure why we're wasting so much time and energy on a sideshow. Aren't we used to it yet? Blithering idiot blithers idiotically...news at 11?

Let's pay attention to his budget proposal (for instance) and ignore the random bleatings of a febrile mind.


Sideshow?

A couple weeks ago your side was demanding investigation into Russian-Trump connection.

Now that it looks like there was an investigation, and the details look bad for the obama administration it's time to move on?

You notice how the media is trying like hell to move the bar to Obama did not personally authorize wiretaps? I think that bit of misdirection is telling. No one ever thought that was the case.

If it was done the DoJ would be the relevant agency, and it would have been in conjunction with a Russia investigation. We know that they sought one warrant to wiretap and it was declined. Last I heard DoJ was declining to comment.

You guys were calling for an investigation. Now you want to say it was an absurd notion that there would have been an investigation? Or are you saying that it is absurd to think that a wiretap would have been part of an investigation?



I'm saying that we should ignore the middle of the night ravings of a lunatic. He's like some drunken idiot sitting on his sofa at 4am having an argument with his TV set. Except he, apparently, doesn't have the excuse of being drunken. He's just an idiot.

Do you understand now?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
I'm not really sure why we're wasting so much time and energy on a sideshow. Aren't we used to it yet? Blithering idiot blithers idiotically...news at 11?

Let's pay attention to his budget proposal (for instance) and ignore the random bleatings of a febrile mind.


Sideshow?

A couple weeks ago your side was demanding investigation into Russian-Trump connection.

Now that it looks like there was an investigation, and the details look bad for the obama administration it's time to move on?

You notice how the media is trying like hell to move the bar to Obama did not personally authorize wiretaps? I think that bit of misdirection is telling. No one ever thought that was the case.

If it was done the DoJ would be the relevant agency, and it would have been in conjunction with a Russia investigation. We know that they sought one warrant to wiretap and it was declined. Last I heard DoJ was declining to comment.

You guys were calling for an investigation. Now you want to say it was an absurd notion that there would have been an investigation? Or are you saying that it is absurd to think that a wiretap would have been part of an investigation?



I'm saying that we should ignore the middle of the night ravings of a lunatic. He's like some drunken idiot sitting on his sofa at 4am having an argument with his TV set. Except he, apparently, doesn't have the excuse of being drunken. He's just an idiot.

Do you understand now?


I don't suppose that it ever occurred to you that he was wiretapped in relation to a Russia investigation just as you were demanding?

What does it matter if details are released? Your side will immediately flip flop that it was only logical to wiretap him? Why not let it stew for a while? You will note that the whole Russia mantra has disappeared from the media now that the media thinks obama could end up looking bad. How is that bad for Trump?


I've said from the beginning that this is win win for me as if Obama did something wrong OR trump was a legally justified target or both I would love all of that info to come pouring out so we can all take a look at it. I like sunlight, I don't really care what we see when the sun's out, I just want as much of this garbage dragged out into the sun as possible.

I have always said that it's entirely possible that as the president of the untied states trump has access to evidence that I don't have access to.

I've just also said that he needs to provide it if he's going to claim it's there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
I'm not really sure why we're wasting so much time and energy on a sideshow. Aren't we used to it yet? Blithering idiot blithers idiotically...news at 11?

Let's pay attention to his budget proposal (for instance) and ignore the random bleatings of a febrile mind.


Sideshow?

A couple weeks ago your side was demanding investigation into Russian-Trump connection.

Now that it looks like there was an investigation, and the details look bad for the obama administration it's time to move on?

You notice how the media is trying like hell to move the bar to Obama did not personally authorize wiretaps? I think that bit of misdirection is telling. No one ever thought that was the case.

If it was done the DoJ would be the relevant agency, and it would have been in conjunction with a Russia investigation. We know that they sought one warrant to wiretap and it was declined. Last I heard DoJ was declining to comment.

You guys were calling for an investigation. Now you want to say it was an absurd notion that there would have been an investigation? Or are you saying that it is absurd to think that a wiretap would have been part of an investigation?



I'm saying that we should ignore the middle of the night ravings of a lunatic. He's like some drunken idiot sitting on his sofa at 4am having an argument with his TV set. Except he, apparently, doesn't have the excuse of being drunken. He's just an idiot.

Do you understand now?


I don't suppose that it ever occurred to you that he was wiretapped in relation to a Russia investigation just as you were demanding?

What does it matter if details are released? Your side will immediately flip flop that it was only logical to wiretap him? Why not let it stew for a while? You will note that the whole Russia mantra has disappeared from the media now that the media thinks obama could end up looking bad. How is that bad for Trump?



Are you not able to read?

I'm talking about ignoring the orange chucklehead's twitter spasms as a source of newsworthy information.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
[
A couple weeks ago your sideDemocrats and Republicans were demanding investigation into Russian-Trump connection.

Corrected.

Where's it being said the 'details look bad for the obama administration'? I haven't had time to watch much news and google's coming up empty.

Koldfoot wrote:
 

Nope

Quote:
Although the Janaury article did use the words “wiretapped” and “Trump” in its title, it did not state that Trump Tower telephones were specifically targeted by a wiretap initiated by the Obama administration. Rather, the article stated that intelligence agencies were monitoring Russian officials, and that some of the conversations they intercepted in the course of their investigations may have also involved Trump aides:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Russia investigation will roll on, there is too much out there to ignore the potential of a connection between Trump operatives and Russia, or perhaps even Trump himself. Trump has not provided any evidence that Obama did what he claims, although Trumps definition of "wiretapped" has suddenly broadened.

His comments about coming up with the evidence in two more weeks is just a smokescreen to distract from the real investigation at hand. The tide rolls on, and more will fall before it washes ashore.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:


Sooooo, why do you suppose they make the news?



Well, as I said in my very first post in this thread, the one you quoted and wrote a reply to, the one you apparently did not read, "I'm not really sure why [...]".

Now, as to why the orange one's twitter spasms were ever news? Well, to begin with he's a celebrity. He's had a TV show and some notoriety for losing lots of money in real estate. TV News loves celebrities, celebrity blather and controversy because people like to watch people being stupid. It get's ratings, clicks and views. So, due to his celebrity he gained a lot of media coverage for all his inane burblings. This continued through the primaries and into the election. No one took him very seriously so it was all just yucks and ratings.

Now he's president.

And, of course, whatever the president says is "news".

But at this point it has to be incredibly apparent that he's a moron. Just a blithering idiot who mentally farts and belches into the world 140 character at a time. It's all just nonsense. Random stuff he saw on TV, heard from some guy over dinner or at a meeting. Some random stuff he can't quite remember completely or at all accurately.

Taking it at all seriously, giving it any attention is becoming an increasingly bad idea. At some point or another he's going to say something so incredibly stupid that it will get us into a situation his people can't talk their way out of. The more the media gives this nonsense any sort of credence the more likely this is to happen. If our media takes him seriously what will the rest of the world think?

Of course, the real problem is how to stop? He is the president after all. It's a tricky problem but it's one I think the media really needs to come to terms with.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
[
A couple weeks ago your sideDemocrats and Republicans were demanding investigation into Russian-Trump connection.

Corrected.

Where's it being said the 'details look bad for the obama administration'? I haven't had time to watch much news and google's coming up empty.

Koldfoot wrote:
 

Nope

Quote:
Although the Janaury article did use the words “wiretapped” and “Trump” in its title, it did not state that Trump Tower telephones were specifically targeted by a wiretap initiated by the Obama administration. Rather, the article stated that intelligence agencies were monitoring Russian officials, and that some of the conversations they intercepted in the course of their investigations may have also involved Trump aides:


I think it's very interesting that standing intercepts and taps on known russian operatives were just by virtue of the fact they were operating, were picking up conversations with Trump aides.

If only that stuff had gotten "leaked". So curious!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the original Times article

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.