Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just p500'd this. This game is popular and I've seen it high up on a lot of solitaire gamer's lists so I didn't think it was OOP. After watching a game play video I was hooked. The p500 is at 333 now. Does anyone know the average or a guesstimate on how may back the p500 a year? Is a 2017 reprint possible?

I'm probably going to get Comanchería now to tie me over. I have 0 experience with euro's or wargames so hopefully i'm not getting over my head where the game is to complex for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT can certainly change everything any time, but for the moment no reprint is scheduled for this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nightfall 23
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will be reprinted in 2017 more like mid-late 2018.

My suggestion is to get Comancheria in the mean time, it is a beautiful game for sure, well worth the time (to play it and learn it), it only gets better for me with each play...

Some advice based on your experience:

* Start with the Playbook, not the Rulebook.

* Do not let the (potential) "procedures, procedures everywhere" initial impression discourage you. Those procedures are just guidelines on how to conduct the things you want to do. The more you play, the more natural they become.

* Immerse yourself in the theme and history, you are a leader of the Comanche and do what you think is best for your people in every turn.

* Let the game beat you, do not worry too much about finding the optimal strategy or some sort of meta-game, that will come with more plays.

* Last but not least, Joel is VERY active here (the community too), do not hesitate to ask anything you find unclear in the rules and such...

Both Navajo Wars and Comancheria tell us a story, enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely, what Nightfall says above!
I've got Navajo Wars and Comancheria ... and I certainly second grabbing a copy of Comancheria. If you like one, there's a very good chance you'd like both - they have similar mechanisms and feel, but are definitely different games - both superb ... and the Play and Rule books were a joy to read!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for your feedback all. Kind of disappointed about Navajo Wars but I'm excited to try Comancheria. Hopefully learning how to play Comancheria will reduce the time it takes to to pick up on hot to play Navajo wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans
msg tools
If you could play just one what do you prefer ? I have been playing NW , and debating to learn camancheria , but if NW is better I will stick with it to master the stratagem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nightfall 23
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that's a tough question... I think I like the Navajo history better... Both games are awesome though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for NW. The P500 was doing well until a small step back last month (-1 new orders!). I picked up Comancheria like everyone recommended and while I can't compare it to NW I can confirm that it's awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven V
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put in my pre-order! I will have patience kmknowing that this game will be printed one day and I can experience its greatness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brevity exceeds allocated space
mbmbmbmbmb
I just added myself to the P500 list as well, my first time doing so. It sits currently at 397. The "Reprint Edition" title has me a bit anxious however, because given how the reviews were concerned with the rules and manuals and flowcharts contradicting one another, and given how long the Errata and Clarifications file (http://docs.google.com/document/d/1fGBjN631nm5vgJGLgKKQ7FeQe...) is, I'd be quite disappointed if the reprint was literally just a reprint and didn't address all that. How does GMT do generally at their reprints when the rules and errata are so cumbersome?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stumbled across at copy at the GMT warehouse this past weekend, and snagged it today - apparently the very last one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.