Subject: Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Shipp

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mb
Can I choose the order that parts of my cards resolve in?

The Tinker has an ability that Immobilize Adjacent and moves 2 since the Immobilize comes first do I have to do it first? Or, may I move 2 then do it?

When changing characters in town do they loose all progress? I.E. I start a mind thief play 2 adventures then change too a Tinker. Do I lose everything from the thief or if I decide to change back later would he have the stuff from my first plays with him?

If I get an item from a chest and is a 1/2 what do I do with the other 1? I know with random blue prints you put all items into the town market.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the order printed. You can omit anything that doesn't negatively affect your allies, but you can't change the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Durrett
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainking82 wrote:

The Tinker has an ability that Immobilize Adjacent and moves 2 since the Immobilize comes first do I have to do it first? Or, may I move 2 then do it?

When changing characters in town do they loose all progress? I.E. I start a mind thief play 2 adventures then change too a Tinker. Do I lose everything from the thief or if I decide to change back later would he have the stuff from my first plays with him?

If I get an item from a chest and is a 1/2 what do I do with the other 1? I know with random blue prints you put all items into the town market.

Thanks

To answer the first question - from the FAQ:

Can I choose to not perform specific parts of an action?
You can choose not perform any or all parts of an action if you want, such that you could discard a card and not use it at all. You cannot change the order of the abilities in the action, though, and you do have to perform any part of the action that would have a negative effect on yourself or your allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Nabedian
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
All out of bubblegum
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 18:

When playing a card’s action, the abilities of the action must be done in the order written and can’t be interrupted by the action on the other card. Players are typically free to choose not to perform any part of the action on their card, however, they must perform any part that would cause a negative effect on themselves or their allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainking82 wrote:

Thanks

Per RAW, characters continue to exist with all of their stuff and progress on XP, checkmarks, personal quest, etc. If you stop playing them and come back to them later, they are still there, unchanged. Anyone in the same party can't buy the exact same item that is owned by another character. If they are in different parties, then they can. There's no mechanism for putting personal quests back into the deck if you decide to stop playing a character.

If you get 1 item, you keep it. If it's 1/2, the other one stays undiscovered until something else happens to reveal it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Shipp

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mb
I remember reading that using some items put them back in the box is this still the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainking82 wrote:
I remember reading that using some items put them back in the box is this still the case?

Sorry, I don't understand the question. Once a character owns something, they keep it. It can be tapped or consumed, but it comes back at the end of the scenario. If there's an item that has special rules that send it back to the box, I don't know about it. But, I haven't seen many items yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
countertorque wrote:
There's no mechanism for putting personal quests back into the deck if you decide to stop playing a character.

Sure there is. Retirement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Druckenmiller
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Goalie Extraordinaire
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nom_ wrote:
countertorque wrote:
There's no mechanism for putting personal quests back into the deck if you decide to stop playing a character.

Sure there is. Retirement!

The personal quests for retired characters are removed from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.