Subject: Kickstarter starts tomorrow around 1000 EDT! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the news on the KS starting tomorrow, with an Early Bird bonus for this weekend:

Loki has tricked the gods for your benefit!
Take advantage of Loki’s Trick, our $60 Early Bird pledge level
this weekend March 17-20!
For the Loki’s Trick pledge you will receive:
-878 Vikings - Invasions of England'
-878 The Viking Age Expansion' (which includes all unlocked Expansion stretch goals)
-All Kickstarter FREE stretch goals.

If you can't wait till tomorrow, here's the link to the preview:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/791212426?tok...

IMPORTANT: Please add this to the end of the link. It gets cut off in the direct link.... :

?token=334dd56b

PS: Some parts of the base game are already printing! Exciting times these are...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linky no worky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know... it works from Uwe's email, but not after I post here... Trying to fix it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG cuts off the link

just copy and paste what comes after the link you posted, and we will copy and paste the two parts of the address together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noooo... man, there were only 3 projects I wanted to back on Kickstarter this year, and they are all hitting this March. I'm not sure I can budget this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wowza, how limited is hte painted level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... I've been jumping outta my pants for this game since I heard about it, but it's so much better looking than I even expected. Fantastic artwork and really great looking little miniatures! Also that giant mat... wow, these addons are going to ruin me, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope there's a way to opt out of the $40k stretch goal, especially with all faction miniatures being the same I very much prefer the cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:

We are only making 400 of the West Britain figures...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim of Academy wrote:
jwspiker wrote:

We are only making 400 of the West Britain figures...

sounds like i need to be online at 10am tomorrow morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This looks to good to pass up. I guess I have about a month to scrounge up the money from somewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could wait until the rulebook goes live... but I'm curious if this game has the same turn mechanism that 1775 did where it was random each time? I believe it was that one. My only gripe about that game was how random the turn order was. Kind of a fun factor in a way, but ended up being more frustrating than fun with never being able to accurately plan ahead and leading to some swingy double-turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looks even better than I thought! 100% doing the miniature leaders and buildings! Really hope the miniatures unlock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb

Seems odd there is no pledge level for base + plastic addons? I'd be looking at that for $100... but that'd be the early bird price plus the plastic at regular price... maybe that undermines the "early bird"ness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
TyDeL wrote:
I could wait until the rulebook goes live... but I'm curious if this game has the same turn mechanism that 1775 did where it was random each time? I believe it was that one. My only gripe about that game was how random the turn order was. Kind of a fun factor in a way, but ended up being more frustrating than fun with never being able to accurately plan ahead and leading to some swingy double-turns.

The draft kickstarter page says (under Gameplay) turn order is randomly determined by drawing cubes out of bag, similar to 1775: Rebellion (and the other games from Birth of America series).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

The draft kickstarter page says (under Gameplay) turn order is randomly determined by drawing cubes out of bag, similar to 1775: Rebellion (and the other games from Birth of America series).

Fog of war! What a useful phrase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What exactly does the Viking Age Expansion do? I see that there are expansion specific stretch goals but what does it actually add to the base game and gameplay?

Also is it safe to assume there is only one English Leader (Alfred the Great) since I only see one miniature that looks like it belongs to the English?

Lastly, thanks for making the early bird for the entire weekend and not some unattainable timeframe! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
My goodness...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

Hm, that's kind of a bummer to me... I guess I'll have to get over that aspect, hah. Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
TyDeL wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
WBuchanan wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

Hm, that's kind of a bummer to me... I guess I'll have to get over that aspect, hah. Thanks for the reply.

I would say it's highly likely that there is nothing stopping you from playing with a static turn order, if that's what you prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
trakes wrote:
What exactly does the Viking Age Expansion do? I see that there are expansion specific stretch goals but what does it actually add to the base game and gameplay?

Also is it safe to assume there is only one English Leader (Alfred the Great) since I only see one miniature that looks like it belongs to the English?

Lastly, thanks for making the early bird for the entire weekend and not some unattainable timeframe! thumbsup

I'm guessing it's stuff that won't be in the retail box of the base game, but will be available for separate purchase on it's own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
but pulling cubes from a bag isn't really "all random" (assuming there's a set # for each player put in the bag to start), like rolling a die; if you keep going 2nd 5 out of 6 turns you can start to plan on probably going 1st about 5 of the next 6...etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
John_VW wrote:
but pulling cubes from a bag isn't really "all random" (assuming there's a set # for each player put in the bag to start), like rolling a die; if you keep going 2nd 5 out of 6 turns you can start to plan on probably going 1st about 5 of the next 6...etc...

Each player has 1 cube of their color in the bag. They are pulled out one at a time, and the players who's cube color is drawn takes their turn. This continues until the last cube is drawn. After which the round ends, and all the cubes are put back into the bag to begin a new game round.

At least that's the way it is in the Birth of America series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
trakes wrote:

I'm guessing it's stuff that won't be in the retail box of the base game, but will be available for separate purchase on it's own.

Well it all looks like eventy type stuff. I think that's the technical term for it. Those buildings are part of it too I presume. More lumps and bumps to possibly compliment the purer base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
John_VW wrote:

Each player has 1 cube of their color in the bag. They are pulled out one at a time, and the players who's cube color is drawn takes their turn. This continues until the last cube is drawn. After which the round ends, and all the cubes are put back into the bag to begin a new game round.

At least that's the way it is in the Birth of America series.
well, that's random...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.