Subject: Questions about Oni of Plagues and Fire dragon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of them don't have "kickstarter exclusive" mark. Which means, they're going to be included in Retail version/ as expansions?

And what's the difference between Oni of plagues, and Oni of Blood?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it means that KS backers get them for free, but they will be packaged as an expansion, which retail purchasers can buy separately. In Blood Rage, the gods and mystics expansions were introduced as stretch goals in the exact same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
Both of them don't have "kickstarter exclusive" mark. Which means, they're going to be included in Retail version/ as expansions?

Presumably.

omnibus4404 wrote:

And what's the difference between Oni of plagues, and Oni of Blood?

Oni of Plagues has four gigantic bitchin swords. Oni of Blood has little heads in his mustache. In gameplay terms we know nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
No, it means that KS backers get them for free, but they will be packaged as an expansion, which retail purchasers can buy separately. In Blood Rage, the gods and mystics expansions were introduced as stretch goals in the exact same way.

The Oni are such a basic part of gameplay that I'd expect some of them to be in the retail edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
poshniallo wrote:
Becq wrote:

The Oni are such a basic part of gameplay that I'd expect some of them to be in the retail edition.

The 5 listed as part of the base game are in the retail edition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
What we know is this:

Oni of Plagues- keep those more honorable than you away from you
Oni of Blood - Players with higher honor than you cannot move or summon non-monsters to this province

So we can only speculate as to what the difference is. Oni of Plagues potentially may affect monsters, or it could potentially have a deploy effect that lets you move models belonging to players with higher honor out of the zone when the Oni is deployed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
Which means, they're going to be included in Retail version/ as expansions?

fwiw, If you're thinking of picking up the base game and expansions when the game hits retail, it's usually better to pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
omnibus4404 wrote:

fwiw, If you're thinking of picking up the base game and expansions when the game hits retail, it's usually better to pledge.

Yeah, sure thing. Except for the Big addon that's upcoming. I'm not sure, if it's really going to be in retail too, than I might get it cheaper than on KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
Becq wrote:

So far, the campaign has indicated the following:
* In the core game, there eight "monster" figures (including some Oni); this is what the retail core game will include.
* So far, there are another nine "monsters" that are KS exclusive stretch goals and will never hit retail
* So far, there are another two "monsters" that are included as stretch goals but aren't exclusive -- these will almost certainly be part of a retail expansion (either the same one as the next bullet, or a separate one)
* The latest stretch goal (not yet unlocked) is a non-exclusive Kami, and the description implies it is part of a "Kami Unbound" expansion. Given the information in the linked update, it seems likely that this expansion will include miniatures for the current Kami, which currently exist only as tiles. This will almost certainly be available as a retail expansion, since it is not exclusive. It *may* be combined with the non-exclusive monsters above, but my guess is that these are two separate expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:
omnibus4404 wrote:

Yeah, sure thing. Except for the Big addon that's upcoming. I'm not sure, if it's really going to be in retail too, than I might get it cheaper than on KS.

Assuming that the "big" add-on isn't the enlarged game board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Ickert
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Based on Blood Rage's campaign. The non-exclusive monsters will probably be in the retail version core box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dacard00 wrote:
Based on Blood Rage's campaign. The non-exclusive monsters will probably be in the retail version core box.

I think they've been pretty clear about what is upgrading the retail box; and what is "extra" so far. The retail box will already have to be massively deep to hold everything there; so my bet is that any other non-KSE monsters will be available in a expansion; either with the Kami, or on their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.