Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our new Stretch Goal, which is not Exclusive, is a Kami mini and card, which grants an additional power. New rules now allow the Kami to enter battle on the board.

I seem to recall that the game includes six kami, but only four per game. Is the new Tsukuyomi one of them? I know he's not in the early KS pic of four board altars with four other gods.

So I guess we have five more kami SGs coming...

UPDATE

Kami Stretch Goals Posted

Tsukuyomi Moon
Susanoo Storms/Sea
Ryujin Oceans
Amaterasu Sun/Universe
Hachiman War

Kami Not Yes Posted
Raijin Lightning/Thunder/Storms
Fujin Wind

Total: 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
There are 7 kami so 6 more after this one. Though since each komi mini is going to be linked to a region I'd guess there will also be one kickstarter exclusive to make it one per region. That should cover stretch goals for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So wait, it means, there's no fixed set of 4 kamis for each play? We get to randomise 4 out of 6 for each game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, but it is 4 of 7, not 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stretch goal mentions "Kami figure and its card", so it seems this one isn't part of the original seven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Dystopian wrote:
The stretch goal mentions "Kami figure and its card", so it seems this one isn't part of the original seven.

It's one of the 7. The card it's referring to is the one the player gets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking the KS discussion again, Thiago says there are indeed 7 in the Core Box, and that Kami Unbound will not be included in the Core Box--which would make them an Expansion, as were the Gods of Asgard for Blood Rage.

He's yet to specify that this is one of the original 7, but I'd guess yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, they've so far incorporated two items that were optional buys in the Blood Rage campaign as stretch goals here. Really makes me wonder what the big optional buy for Rising Sun will be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the KS discussion, Thiago says that the kami are only a bit larger than humans, and that we will have enough plastic rings for them. This could mean that:

1. We can use regular small rings for them

2. We will be provided with more rings (of a special color)? However, the SG lists only the new figure and card, not another ring. Possibly they will be included with the new rules in the complete expansion packet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to be one million worth of stretch goals so it'd better be worth it.
I wasn't particularly impressed by the Gods of Asgard expansion ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
Wow, they've so far incorporated two items that were optional buys in the Blood Rage campaign as stretch goals here. Really makes me wonder what the big optional buy for Rising Sun will be...

It's the other 1-2 clans that will also be for retail buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dystopian wrote:

The core game comes with a Kami Tile that describes what the Kami does for the top worshiper each Kami turn.

This stretch goal adds a 'kami power' card and a model for the newly announced Kami Unbound expansion. With the expansion, the lead worshiper, in addition to the Kami turn buff from the core game, gains access to an invulnerable Kami model on the board, as well as an expensive activate-able power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
chas59 wrote:
Checking the KS discussion again, Thiago says there are indeed 7 in the Core Box, and that Kami Unbound will not be included in the Core Box--which would make them an Expansion, as were the Gods of Asgard for Blood Rage.

He's yet to specify that this is one of the original 7, but I'd guess yes.

This Kami is featured in the gameplay preview video. It is one of the original 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:

I believe The Gods of Asgard were a stretch goal for Blood Rage. The only optional buys for the Blood Rage campaign were the art book and the 5th player expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:

No, they haven't.
Blood Rage had the kickstarter exclusive Wildboar Clan as stretch goal (a single one btw.) and the Gods of Asgard were stretch goals as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bewulf wrote:
pkreynolds wrote:

No, they haven't.
Blood Rage had the kickstarter exclusive Wildboar Clan as stretch goal (a single one btw.) and the Gods of Asgard were stretch goals as well.

Right, I was thinking that Gods of Asgard was an optional buy. The additional player expansion definitely was, though, so it's cool that it's added here as a stretch goal reward.

I'm not a fan of Gods of Asgard; it makes the decisions feel more restricted. Hopefully this Kami expansion is more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Gazis
Greece
Athens
Piraeus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you get to control a GOD (Kami), with a special power (good or naah), but!!! he only gives you 1 force in battle and in harvest........But....he is a God....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gazis wrote:
he only gives you 1 force in battle and in harvest........But....he is a God....

Well, it's more like an avatar of the god (as commented Thiago from CMON), so it makes sense that their physical presence is scaled down.

Alternatively, you can read it this way: the miniatures actually represent units. Bushis stand for armies of men, Daimyos not just for a leader but for their entourage and resources, etc etc. This way even at 1 force a God in its avatar/human form still actually equals one army, not bad.

This is just off the top of my head, but works for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Pietro Pomella wrote:
gazis wrote:
he only gives you 1 force in battle and in harvest........But....he is a God....

Well, it's more like an avatar of the god (as commented Thiago from CMON), so it makes sense that their physical presence is scaled down.

Alternatively, you can read it this way: the miniatures actually represent units. Bushis stand for armies of men, Daimyos not just for a leader but for their entourage and resources, etc etc. This way even at 1 force a God in its avatar/human form still actually equals one army, not bad.

This is just off the top of my head, but works for me

Considering a giant turtle mount fortress filled with guards is also just 1 force I'd say 1 force is quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Legault
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what's better unlocking the gods as an optional buy, or having them unlock one by one in increments increasing by 120k each goal for six goals. The increasing goal count is getting a bit ridiculous, this is even going to be more awkward a reveal than the fox clan was. Arguably not a real stretch goal, but nice to know they are including basically an expansion for free. Things are pretty artificial right now but I'm super pumped to get mini's of the Kami (Which was something I already expected to be in the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about the kami. In Blood Rage the gods were passive and only had an area effect. I was disappointed that they weren't more active. Once again, they've learned lessons from the previous game.

Most of us seem to expect, as I do, that the big purchasable add-on next week will be one or two more clans that can be swopped in and out, creating a slightly different game each time depending on which you are playing (and allowing retail customer to play with more than five clans).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Legault
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do think another 2 clans are likely... the only thing I want that I don't expect to happen is a Yamata no Orochi mini. I mean it would be a shame not to include this key myth, but as Fenrir was made mundane and just wasted as a kickstarter exclusive and Hati and Skol weren't even a thing in Bloodrage I'm honestly not going to get my hopes up. From a Mini stand point I just want all the important gods from the mythology, Bloodrage failed at that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gazis wrote:
So you get to control a GOD (Kami), with a special power (good or naah), but!!! he only gives you 1 force in battle and in harvest........But....he is a God....

"God" is the English word for kami. Many kami were ordinary things, like rocks or animals, that became elevated to supernatural status by worshippers. Afaik, most are not omnipotent or powerful deities like Yahweh or the Greek Gods.

And some people *really* like their volleyball.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
Bewulf wrote:
pkreynolds wrote:

No, they haven't.

Right, I was thinking that Gods of Asgard was an optional buy. The additional player expansion definitely was, though, so it's cool that it's added here as a stretch goal reward.

They added a Clan as stretch goal(s) for both BR and RS. The only reason the Wildboar Clan from BR was not a 5-player expansion is that BR needs additional material apart from the Clan itself to work correctly for more players (more cards for drafting). For RS you do not need extra material to increase the player count.

So to recap:
- They added a Clan (without extra material) to Blood Rage as a stretch goal.
- They added a Clan (without extra material) to Rising Sun as stretch goals.

It is the same thing really. Well except that all that was needed for the Wildboar Clan was a single $50k stretch goal, while the Fox Clan needed five stretch goals and $480K.
And yes, they work out slightly differently, one not uping the player count while the other does. But that is not because CMoN added something differently or more but because the games do not work the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian S
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
pkreynolds wrote:

It's the other 1-2 clans that will also be for retail buyers.

No Blood Rage Crossover?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.