erik weber
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Company support and more content is important to me and I'm considering TMB at the moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black hole
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
This is a terrible way to read Korte FWIW.
badge
Korte is STILL a black hole on d3.
mbmbmb
manecofigo wrote:
Company support and more content is important to me and I'm considering TMB at the moment

If you're hesitating because you're not sure CTG will follow through on the expansion content they've hinted at, take a look at their first major board game series, Hoplomachus, which has released two compatible standalone expansions and a number of add-on packs in the years since it was first released. I don't know what you consider "near" future, but they have promised we will see more TMB content in 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daan Spitael
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Taken from their newletter:

Moar Bones! Oh yes, there is more! Have no doubt that in 2017, there will be plenty of TMB development going on. We see threads already forming on this subject. We can only confirm the following. Yes, an 8th Gearloc is in the making (backers will know who this is going to be). Yes, a more developed Campaign mode is coming, possibly containing Tyrant Epilogue choices, Artifacts from Tyrant battles, and Battle Scars for seasoned gamers to ramp the game difficulty even further. And finally, woven into the fabric of TMB is a story which will slowly unfold as a brand new adventure is revealed, full of encounters, Baddies, and even a new Tyrant! These expansions have a long way to to go and will probably not be ready for production until 2018'.

you can read the whole newsletter here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
erik weber
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dspitael wrote:

Thanks for the newsletter! It's good to see they already saying more content is coming in 2018
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manecofigo wrote:

Erik -

Definitely! We have some stuff in early development already, and will definitely be supporting it. As others have said, we are *still* supporting Hoplo with two more cities releasing this year. Too Many Bones has already been quite a bit more successful than Hoplo, so you can expect similar levels of support, if not even more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
t k
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dspitael wrote:
Taken from their newletter:

Moar Bones! Oh yes, there is more! Have no doubt that in 2017, there will be plenty of TMB development going on. We see threads already forming on this subject. We can only confirm the following. Yes, an 8th Gearloc is in the making (backers will know who this is going to be). Yes, a more developed Campaign mode is coming, possibly containing Tyrant Epilogue choices, Artifacts from Tyrant battles, and Battle Scars for seasoned gamers to ramp the game difficulty even further. And finally, woven into the fabric of TMB is a story which will slowly unfold as a brand new adventure is revealed, full of encounters, Baddies, and even a new Tyrant! These expansions have a long way to to go and will probably not be ready for production until 2018'.

ooh -- Battle Scars -- I was on the right track !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
erik weber
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the new content be made via kickstarter as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a way I hope not. As that'll mean an even longer wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manecofigo wrote:
Will the new content be made via kickstarter as well?

Literally nothing's been decided on that front yet. If we decide to a large scale expansion, there's a chance it would land on KS. We may decide to do smaller Encounter packs spaced out every couple months which we would just release for order on our site.

Expansion content is still in early development as it's taken just about everything from our small, part-time, three man crew (two and a half really as I'm *really* part time) just to get Bones out the door. We will take a week to catch our breath when it's out the door and start to formulate more concrete plans

There will, for sure, be a *new* game on Kickstarter within a couple of months here. That one will not be TMB or Hoplo related.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.