Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do players lose all their booty in their dens during cleanup? Wouldn't that make it insanely difficult to get 3 maps? There are only 8 in the bag.

Also, what's the point of the quarter master?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cleanup and Saber
What do you mean by 'cleanup'? It isn't a term referred to by the rules.

You only dispose and cash-in your booty tiles at the end of each campaign of 6 days. The Quartermaster is therefore a good way to earn money for those that would otherwise have negative or neutral effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cleanup and Saber
Ah I see how the QM could help counter balance. I mean after a campaign, when cleaning booty is that from the board and den? I'm just thinking without keeping of scrolls in a 2P game how would one ever accumulate all three?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
There won't be any left on the board at the end of a campaign (well, there may be one or two in certain edge-cases). They're all taken during the six rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
Ah I see how the QM could help counter balance. I mean after a campaign, when cleaning booty is that from the board and den? I'm just thinking without keeping of scrolls in a 2P game how would one ever accumulate all three?

Yes, you score and clear out all tiles at the end of each week. Getting 3 maps can be difficult, that's why it's worth 12 points, but it's certainly not impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume that the more players there are, the easiest to obtain the 3 maps. Imagine that there are only 3 maps in play. Player A obtain the first map. Then, for the second map, you can see a situation in which player B has to choose between taking a chest, which will benefit him, and taking a map, which will hurt player A...but not producing any benefit to him. So players C, D an E will be very happy. Player B will probably take the chest. And something similar could happen to the third map.
By contrast, in a two players game, player B has all the incentives to take a map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.