Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just asking to confirm.

A rule on page 13 states:

-A Roll of 1 on a die is always a Miss.

Im guessing that's like D&D rules and that supersedes anything else right?

Like an example that came up in talks with a friend:

An attack with 1Dice and 2+ to Hit.

If a Tide card or ability gave this attack "+1 to Hit" and you rolled a 1... the value of the roll would go up to "2" bc of the +1 to Hit, but the face of the dice is 1 and per the card still be a hit, but since there is that rule on pg13 it counts as a miss no matter what right?

Just curious on how you guys are interpreting it as the two of us has different views on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the die is a 1, it's a Miss, nothing will fix that outside a re-roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:
If the die is a 1, it's a Miss, nothing will fix that outside a re-roll.

Thanks Michael for the quick reply as usual! (Bonus Thanks for proving me right to my friend too =) )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael - being so quick to comment on almost every rules question fills me with great confidence in your games. can't wait to play my full pirate experience
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danimal13 wrote:
Michael - being so quick to comment on almost every rules question fills me with great confidence in your games. can't wait to play my full pirate experience

I 100% agree! The amount of community love is what convinced me to buy Season 1 and the Upgrade Kit. Im usually hesitant with upgrades because no matter how much you plan, trying to incorporate so much "original content" sometimes classes with the new game, but Im confident that if anything major comes up, Michael and the R&B team will address it in no time and clear things up! =)

I cant wait for the US Wave 2 items to arrive! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.