Subject: Interesting Observation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I was just looking at all the cards and I made an interesting observation that could shed some light on some of what we might expect in the upcoming expansion theme packs. If we look at all the packs we see they all feature Superior Quality upgrades. However if we look at the Vampire theme pack specifically we see said pack also includes Deluxe and Premium Quality upgrades. We also see that in this pack is only ONE Premium Quality upgrade yet the card says you can have more than one. Strange since there only is one. Obviously it was designed this way for consistency but it does suggest that future packs may include Premium Quality upgrades as well.

Also if we look deeper we see that Superior, Deluxe, and Premium Quality upgrades are worth 1, 2, and 4 stars respectively which suggests we might see a level of Quality upgrade that is worth 3 stars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the wording is indicating you can have quality upgrade cards multiple times on the same attraction regardless of its type. I also imagine that it will turn up in future packs too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's definitely a hole where a 3 should be. There's technically also holes at either end as well. The pattern also suggests the next Quality upgrade could be an 8-star Stupendous Quality (he says, by way of cryptically giving nothing concrete away)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
pwrigley wrote:
I think the wording is indicating you can have quality upgrade cards multiple times on the same attraction regardless of its type. I also imagine that it will turn up in future packs too.

You're sort of right. Normally when it comes to upgrades a given Attraction can only have one of a given upgrade. For example if you built a Hotel which has the Guest Services upgrade, Air Conditioning, built-in you can't then build a separate, second Air Conditioning upgrade onto the Hotel. However, with Quality upgrades (Superior, Deluxe, and Premium), per the card text, you can have more than one of each of these on a given Attraction. So, just like the one Blueprint card demands, you can build a Monorail with TWO Superior Quality upgrades.

So my point is that the Vampire Theme Pack includes only ONE Premium Quality upgrade but yet the card still says you can build more than one Premium Quality upgrade on a given Attraction. Obviously this is just so the card is consistent with the other Quality upgrade cards. Even so though it certainly suggests then that future theme packs will have Premium Quality upgrade cards in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Feeser
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
joelfinch wrote:
There's definitely a hole where a 3 should be. There's technically also holes at either end as well. The pattern also suggests the next Quality upgrade could be an 8-star Stupendous Quality (he says, by way of cryptically giving nothing concrete away)

I thought about that pattern, but an absent 3 seemed more likely then a yet to be revealed 8, Besides if it was an 8 that would have to be one expensive Quality upgrade. Plus the Attraction that upgrade would end up on would then be a nice target for Event cards and otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would definitely need a quality flagpole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
There's definitely a hole where a 3 should be. There's technically also holes at either end as well.

Euphemism? Or are you saying we should look out for the Shabby Quality -1 star card in the Budget deck? Or Average Quality 0 stars on the Boring deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Befefig wrote:
Or Average Quality 0 stars on the Boring deck?

Obviously, B is for Bland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it! I can't wait for the beige balloon ride attraction, followed up with a meal at the Total Tofu restaurant....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where the only thing available to drink is lukewarm water. And all the vegetables taste like choko, natch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIG would be a fun theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pwrigley wrote:
BIG would be a fun theme.

as in Big pineapple, big prawn etc sooooo Australian. I mean 'strayan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally straaylan maaate! My personal favourite is the big cheese at Bodalla, it's underwhelming to say the least. Honerable mention to the big merino just for the nut sack.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=big+merino+balls&oq=big+m...:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*cough*Big Banana*cough*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So much potential...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know! Big prawn is awesome. Inspired by HP Lovecraft
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.