Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Use the solo campaign rules for setup. Use the NPC's as described in the solo rules. I would randomly determine the "seating" for each game, as this affects who you will be targeting with missions.

2) Shuffle the Goal Cards, then record their order on a piece of paper. This will be the campaign order. Any missions that you fail can be added to the bottom of the list.

3) After each game both players will have access to any rewards that have accrued, and an upgrade.

4) I would ignore the restriction upon ships. Instead I would do the following. You and the other player each write down 3 ships on a slip of paper (T1,T2,T3). If there is no overlap, then these become your "ship" for the campaign. If there is an overlap, that ship is removed as a possibility, and you try again (only naming new ships for the overlaps). If by some chance all ships of a tier get removed either try again with all ships available or discuss it and come to an amicable decision.

5) You will keep the same ship and outfits for the duration of the campaign. Ships and outfit upgrades cost 10x the normal amount, you receive half that amount when you sell outfits.

Obviously this would need some playtesting and probably some tweaks. I'm not sure if the NPC's would win more or less when opposed by two players, but it will be interesting to find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This could be really interesting Derek! I'd love to hear how any playtesting of this went!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Charney
United States
Saint Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
Subscribed.

me too....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I'm glad there is interest in this idea. I'm hoping to get a few games in tomorrow, if everything works out.

A few other ideas:

6) You'll probably want to choose at the start whether the game will be fully co-op, definitely not, or open. If you do decide to go fully co-op, players vs NPC's, then you would add an additional rule that says "players skip over the other player when determining the target for a mission".

7) I'm leaning towards asymmetrical starting outfits, rather than a starting amount of credits. I'd love to hear any opinions about that.

What I mean is that instead of starting with 20kcR, for example, you would pick one of the "starting packages" and those packages will not have the exact same value. Most will also start you with a few credits as well, but a couple of them will not.

My reasoning is that since it will take much longer to get outfits, and change outfits, what you start with is of variable strength. For example starting with a T2 engine is probably better than starting with a T1 Engine and T1 Shield, and almost certainly better than starting with a T1 Engine and T1 Blaster. Different packages will favor different ship abilities and playstyles of course, but for the most part Engines are the most important outfit.

7b) The other option is to start everyone with a T1 Engine and 2-4 kcR, but I don't think that's as interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.