Subject: Once a leader is Rescued. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adam B
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
If say the first card played in a turn rescues a leader, can you then use
that leader that turn . I assume you can't assign them to a mission because that phase is over but can they be used for combat or to challenge a mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouyan A.
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think so. If I recall correctly, that rescued leader is sent to your rebel base space and not your leader pool. Therefore, you won't be able to use that leader during this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
calidoggg wrote:
I don't think so. If I recall correctly, that rescued leader is sent to your rebel base space and not your leader pool. Therefore, you won't be able to use that leader during this round.

That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Since he is moved to your base, he may impede movement of units from the base. Keep that in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
Since he is moved to your base, he may impede movement of units from the base. Keep that in mind.

Can the leader (now in the base space) count towards missions resolved/attempted in the base space? (I think there is at lease one mission you can do in the base space)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
jackalope wrote:

Can the leader (now in the base space) count towards missions resolved/attempted in the base space? (I think there is at lease one mission you can do in the base space)

There are no "attempt" missions that happen in the base space, so it doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider that if there were such a mission, then the Imperial player's opposing leader would enter the Rebel Base space!

So no, they don't exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Except when the base is revealed. Then, missions that states attempt are being influenced by all leaders present at that system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arontje wrote:
Except when the base is revealed. Then, missions that states attempt are being influenced by all leaders present at that system.

You still aren't attempting a mission in the Base Space, you just happen to choose the Base's system for a mission in that case. If the base is revealed, the Base Space is guaranteed to be empty anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Arontje wrote:

You still aren't attempting a mission in the Base Space, you just happen to choose the Base's system for a mission in that case. If the base is revealed, the Base Space is guaranteed to be empty anyway.

True but some missions target Rebel base, when revealed base that means the system it is in. And an escaped leader goes to the system with a revealed base, only rebel base space when unrevealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
calidoggg wrote:

Also remember this move to your base is optional. If you want to keep them in the system you're welcome to.

Actually according to the rules only the people attempting the mission have the option of going back or staying. The rescued hero has to go to the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
calidoggg wrote:

Also remember this move to your base is optional. If you want to keep them in the system you're welcome to.

As I read it, the rescued leader is REQUIRED to move to your base. Only the rescuing leaders have the option of staying.

On page 12 of the RRG it says "When a leader is rescued, remove the captured leader attachment ring from it and place the leader in the “Rebel Base” space." It doesn't say "may" or given an option to leave it behind.

In one of the bullet points, it says "After rescuing a leader with a mission, any leaders assigned to the mission may also move to the “Rebel Base” space." This one does say "may", indicating the option.

Unless, of course, there was a ruling that I missed that says the rescued leader can stay behind. But as-written, it looks like the freed leader must go to the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I noticed this question in another thread and went to check the rule too. you are correct. The leaders attempting the mission have the option but the leader who gets rescued has to go back. And this triggers for leaders who are rescued through combat as well.

I've been playing this woefully important rule wrong thus breaking all my games and I didn't know it D-:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
I've been playing this woefully important rule wrong thus breaking all my games and I didn't know it D-:

Better return the game until FFG until proper penance can be made

(The one rule I keep forgetting, if we are airing our accidental-cheatings, is that I've used R&D on a subjugated world to clear a Sabotage token before, forgetting that it has to be an Imperial LOYAL system. I'll send my game back too until restitution is made.... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
David Umstattd wrote:

Better return the game until FFG until proper penance can be made

(The one rule I keep forgetting, if we are airing our accidental-cheatings, is that I've used R&D on a subjugated world to clear a Sabotage token before, forgetting that it has to be an Imperial LOYAL system. I'll send my game back too until restitution is made.... )

That's actually a pretty big mistake. And it's properly explained on the card.

Though a lot of people make this mistake. So you're not alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Umstattd wrote:
That's actually a pretty big mistake. And it's properly explained on the card.

Though a lot of people make this mistake. So you're not alone.

Yeah, I have absolutely no excuse for it, especially since out-of-game, I *KNOW* the rule, yet in game it still occasionally just escapes me (on either side; not just when I'm Imperials).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.