Lance Harrop
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about increasing the number of mechanized unit per set, but I want to nerf them because otherwise they are just too strong.

Actually, they are just too strong as it is.

I have three nerfs in mind:

1) Have them roll one dice when damaged,
2) Have them take up two spaces in a carrier or War Sun capacity, and
3) If in any round of ground combat they are unaccompanied by a ground force, the opponent gets a +1 on their combat rolls (and yes, this applies if mechanized are facing mechanized).

Poll: Mechanized Unit Nerf Options
Choose one or just comment.
Which nerfs would you apply if you were increasing the number of Mechanized Units to five or six?
1, 2, and 3
1 and 2
1 and 3
2 and 3
      8 answers
Poll created by Leifr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m Vlad
Romania
flag msg tools
mb
I too don't understand what they were thinking when they designed the mechanized units.

I think increasing their cost is a better way to deal with them.

Make them.. situationally expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
Frankly, I think they work quite well as they are. They're very good for the price (although the balance tips somewhat with GF-enhancing technologies) but they can't be everywhere, and a GF at a fraction of the price can take an undefended planet just as well. Increasing the number and making them weaker makes them more like GF, which is exactly what I don't want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I think there should be more MU, but a slight Nerf is probably good either way..... Increasing the carrying cost seems to be most thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.