3 Posts

Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe» Forums » Variants

Subject: Yellow triangle counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
saturn s.
msg tools
mb
I think the game includes many counters with yellow triangles for future use in expansions but is there some information about the historical background that inspires the creation of these units?

I think there was some optional rules published by c3i, unfortunately I could not get them, so I wonder if these optional rule cover the usage of all additional units include in game counter sheets or only a part.

For example, there is a 11th ss panzer army and a bomber Luftwaffe fleet which I would like to use but I am not sure which conditions I should observe to include them without unbalancing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no background for the "What if" counters. They were inspired by an historical example expanded to fit the game's scale, for example the German Rockets marker, or simply an hypothetical possibility, e.g. a militarily stronger Turkey. We had the counter space available and took a guess at it.

The 11th SS Panzer army is actually a regular counter used in the game. It's not a What if counter, so no optional rule needed for it.

The optional rules in C3i cover the usage of all the What if counters in various forms of commitment, i.e. some rules use all of them or some of them.

What the rules do not promise in any way is play balance. There simply wasn't the time available to commit to playtesting them and their rules.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
saturn s.
msg tools
mb
thanks for the reply on 11th Panzer, you are right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.