Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in a CC, does playing a Hero card on a soldier have any effect? I know that you can play it if you get pinned trying to infiltrate, or what not. The only thing I see is that "firepower is doubled" but that doesn't mention CC specifically. However, it seems like the Hero could should have *some* effect on the CC resolution?

Am I trying to stand on water?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Evans
United States
stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe there is a CC value to a hero card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take the "any time" part of the Hero card absolutely literal. So I'd say if your guy is pinned and after all Concealment has been played for the CC attack you absolutely can play the Hero and make the guy no longer pinned. I forget who draws first but if it's the attacker I'd say the defender can even wait for the result to decide if he wants to play his Hero to unpin his guy before pulling his RNC.

That's not exactly what you're asking though I realize. I'd support a house rule that a Hero gives a +1 attack or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So, in a CC, does playing a Hero card on a soldier have any effect? I know that you can play it if you get pinned trying to infiltrate, or what not. The only thing I see is that "firepower is doubled" but that doesn't mention CC specifically.

A Hero card can have the following effects in CC:
- On a morale check, it allows voiding a failed morale check (on infiltration or entering CC) and trying again.
- On defense, it can unpin a man thus adding 4 to the man's CCV.
- +1 to an attacker in CC vs. AFV.

Quote:
However, it seems like the Hero could should have *some* effect on the CC resolution?

Cold steel respects no man...... Or something.

(I was watching documentary on the Battle of Hastings and in one demonstration they took a sword and battleaxe to side of beef and literally cut it in half. The heroism is clearly is clearly before the close combat in that era.)

Sorry.

DiploGuy wrote:
I forget who draws first but if it's the attacker I'd say the defender can even wait for the result to decide if he wants to play his Hero to unpin his guy before pulling his RNC.

The attacker draws (and plays Concealment first.) in CC.

Quote:
That's not exactly what you're asking though I realize. I'd support a house rule that a Hero gives a +1 attack or something like that.

It's not necessarily a bad idea--it just isn't the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comments and help. In the end, it didn't matter as my guy drew a -1 and the attacker drew a +4. Some hero he turned out to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.