Popular Tags: [View All]
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got this email:

Quote:
If your recent order from Meeple Realty contained Gloomhaven Town, we are letting you know that there is an error in the instruction booklet that we sent. Please do not glue your components together until we followup with the corrected assembly instructions.

There is nothing wrong with the components you received, the instructions just contain an assembly error.

We will email you a PDF of the corrected instructions as soon as possible!

Please do not reply to this message. We will be in contact shortly!

So, don't glue your stuff together unless you're sure you have the right instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Spaulding
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People already have their inserts? I ordered one but I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
pneuma08 wrote:
People already have their inserts? I ordered one but I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet...

I haven't heard of anyone getting theirs yet. I'm in the same boat as you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lewis
United States
Cedar Falls
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine in today's mail. I've never assembled one of these before - it's going to be a pain in the neck, honestly. But once it's together, it'll be pretty sweet. Of course, I'm waiting to do anything until those new assembly instructions come out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
IcculusTheWise wrote:
I got mine in today's mail. I've never assembled one of these before - it's going to be a pain in the neck, honestly. But once it's together, it'll be pretty sweet. Of course, I'm waiting to do anything until those new assembly instructions come out...

Maybe you could throw it together using the old instructions, and tell us what happens?

Joking aside, did you get a shipping email at any point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Murphy
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Just finished installing mine. It was a bear. Took 3 and a half hours to go from opening the mail to closing the Gloomhaven box on the new insert. Looks amazing. I believe the error has to do with the Monster box. Somehow I got it so that the monster standies are mirrored to what the lid says they should be. So instead of one monster being on the upper left corner, the space for him is actually the upper right corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine yesterday & assembled it. The issue in question is specifically for the monster token tray. The instructions say "assemble exactly as shown" but the image is flipped. So if you do exactly as shown it will be all backwards.

So just assemble it backwards from the instructions and you'll be fine. Also, dry fit everything first. That's how I found the mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mb
To those that got it, did you get a email with tracking information or did it just arrive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the people who got it, how is it? Functional? Sturdy? Easy to get take stuff in and out? Does it make the box really heavy? I'm considering getting one, but would like to hear some reviews?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lakoda wrote:
alphasquid wrote:
Just got this email:

Quote:
If your recent order from Meeple Realty contained Gloomhaven Town, we are letting you know that there is an error in the instruction booklet that we sent. Please do not glue your components together until we followup with the corrected assembly instructions.

There is nothing wrong with the components you received, the instructions just contain an assembly error.

We will email you a PDF of the corrected instructions as soon as possible!

Please do not reply to this message. We will be in contact shortly!

So, don't glue your stuff together unless you're sure you have the right instructions.
Thanks! Have an avatar.

Thanks! I got one added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpa Gia
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Mishenka wrote:
For the people who got it, how is it? Functional? Sturdy? Easy to get take stuff in and out? Does it make the box really heavy? I'm considering getting one, but would like to hear some reviews?

Also how big is the package it comes in and how much does it weigh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
cpagia wrote:
Mishenka wrote:

Also how big is the package it comes in and how much does it weigh?

The insert has been reported to be around 5 lbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince R.
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrScapegoat wrote:
To those that got it, did you get a email with tracking information or did it just arrive?

Got an email after it shipped, a few days after submitting the order. I also got an order confirmation the day I ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Champagne
United States
Mobile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fllicker wrote:
Just finished installing mine. It was a bear. Took 3 and a half hours to go from opening the mail to closing the Gloomhaven box on the new insert. Looks amazing. I believe the error has to do with the Monster box. Somehow I got it so that the monster standies are mirrored to what the lid says they should be. So instead of one monster being on the upper left corner, the space for him is actually the upper right corner.

Assembling wooden inserts is actually kind of fun. At least it's more fun than I thought it would be when I first started ordering things like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
JorduSpeaks wrote:
fllicker wrote:

Assembling wooden inserts is actually kind of fun. At least it's more fun than I thought it would be when I first started ordering things like this.

Are any specific tools required besides wood glue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend a hobby knife or file to smooth out any sharp edges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Walerko
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:
JorduSpeaks wrote:
fllicker wrote:

Are any specific tools required besides wood glue?

I've found that painter's tape is also useful for keeping forms in place while glue is drying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Holland
United States
Batavia
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine last night. Took about 4 hours to put it all together. Probably would have been a little quicker if I had any previous experience with it. I was scared to death of snapping the wood pieces in half when trying to get the pieces to fit together. I eventually learned to get comfortable with the fact you had to push pretty hard. Turns out some light taps with a hammer work well also and don't damage the wood. I actually had fun putting this thing together in the end.

Quality wise, this thing is amazing. It all fits so precisely. The etchings on the boards are awesome. I only have a couple small complaints.
- First, my small cards are sleeved with mayday sleeves and they do not fit properly in the card holder tray. I might end up seeing if fantasy flight sleeves fit any better, but even if they do, it will be a very tight fit. I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to get them out afterword.
-Secondly, one of the trays (the overlay tiles) appears in the instructions like it's supposed to fit snugly on top of the tokens tray when storing on the box, but mine doesn't and has to sit on top of the raised edges instead. This causes the tray to sit about a millimeter or so above the top of the box. The lid still closes pretty flush, but not perfectly.
-Lastly, not really a complaint about the actual insert itself, but after all was said and done, I found myself really disappointing that the map tiles are just kinda thrown on top. I knew this ahead of time, and didn't think I would care, but after everything else fits so nicely, you suddenly find yourself disappointed in this fact.

Overall though, this thing was absolutely worth the investment. I cant wait to play again just to put these token trays to use on the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McKee
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really interested in this insert, but the cost of shipping to canada was only a few dollars less than the insert itself so it doesn't make sense to me to spend more on the insert plus shipping than I did on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Islesfan91 wrote:
I was really interested in this insert, but the cost of shipping to canada was only a few dollars less than the insert itself so it doesn't make sense to me to spend more on the insert plus shipping than I did on the game.

Check the other thread, there's some Camadian store that stocks them, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Nowhere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine yesterday and the wood is really warped. I have emailed them, and am waiting to hear back. Haven't had this issue with any of my other inserts I have gotten from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winterfeld
United States
Tecumseh
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What carrier is doing the shipping? UPS Fedex or USPS?

Just curious so I can play the waiting for tracking number game again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Nowhere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
icechamber wrote:
What carrier is doing the shipping? UPS Fedex or USPS?

Just curious so I can play the waiting for tracking number game again
USPS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lassberg
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:
Islesfan91 wrote:

Check the other thread, there's some Camadian store that stocks them, I think.

I think it's Board Game Bliss. They carry a ton of other Meeple Realty inserts too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mine was built pretty easily. Some wood was slightly warped, but I have ridiculously low humidity in my home so I figured it was just that. The tiles are definitely a bit finicky to get arranged just right, and the open tray is not so ideal (Why no divider for at least the monster stat sheets?)

Also, ooze is spelled wrong in the etched lid :/

But overall it works quite well and makes setup and gameplay a lot nicer. It was pricey but worth it in my opinion. The biggest cost was for the forklift I need to move the game around now though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.