Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Jumping all the time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
This was just a passing thought, but I thought it would be fun to enhance as many as possible of a character's ability cards with jump stickers. Which classes would gain the most benefit from this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a very entertaining question. But for people who answer it, please use the spoiler box for advanced classes. whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United States
Katy
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Scoundrel
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cragheart would be high on my list with his "hurt everybody adjacent to him" attacks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
wildinferno wrote:
Scoundrel


I was thinking Cragheart because he can make so many obstacles, it would be really useful if he could jump over them when needed. However, I'm not certain how many 'Move' actions he has on his cards to take advantage of. Why the Scoundrel?


Edit:

Quote:
Cragheart would be high on my list with his "hurt everybody adjacent to him" attacks.


Oh yeah, this too!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:
wildinferno wrote:
Scoundrel


I was thinking Cragheart because he can make so many obstacles, it would be really useful if he could jump over them when needed. However, I'm not certain how many 'Move' actions he has on his cards to take advantage of. Why the Scoundrel?


Edit:

Quote:
Cragheart would be high on my list with his "hurt everybody adjacent to him" attacks.


Oh yeah, this too!


Scoundrel has high move. Her level 1/X deck includes 2 Move 5's and 1 Move 6. But, she has no jump on any of her ability cards. Jump would give her a tremendous ability to relocate to a space that maximizes her bonuses.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My tinkerer wears the winged boots to give him the ability to jump move in a crtitical situation. I did my first enhancement yesterday and decided that WOUND was the best option for him. I added it to a level one card that previously had Attack 1 and STUN and doesn't get lost. I figured a card that recycles and both wounds and stuns would be a good combo.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasquid wrote:
This was just a passing thought, but I thought it would be fun to enhance as many as possible of a character's ability cards with jump stickers. Which classes would gain the most benefit from this?

naah, then we get computer RPG proportions where people jump stupidly all the time just to increase a skill.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it took me one scenario before I bought Winged Boots for the Scoundrel. "Move 5 and nowhere to go..."

That said, the Scoundrel's cards are a little harder to upgrade because of how they get swapped in and out dependent on the scenario... But I suppose you could pick one or two and upgrade those.
(Level 2 card)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Open Wound is a prime candidate...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.