Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Catacombs (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Missing board - customer service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel James
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
________________________________________________________________________

The issue in the thread has been resolved with some EXCELLENT customer service, thank you ELZRA!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my wife bought me a copy of Catacombs last year and one thing or another has meant that we only just got around to opening it and playing it on tuesday this week, horror of horrors there was a board missing!

After having contacted Elzra customer service I received a reply, it amounted to agreeing to send a replacement board with the condition that my wife paid £18 to cover the delivery costs...

I have owned a fair few games over the years and one or two have had missing or damaged parts, not once have I been asked to pay for the replacement for any previous missing item.

This seems very wrong to me. The cost is so high that I could buy aother small box game for similar money.

The last game I bought with missing parrs was Descent, all the hero characters were missing, I emailed FFG and they posted them right out to me from the USA and I had them in my hands with 2 weeks free of charge, that was service! A copy of Lords of Vegas i purchased has a misprinted board and they sent a replacement to me FOC too.

Has anyone else been stung like this? It just seems fundamentally wrong and has certainly dampened my excitement fot playing this title.

I won't be paying the £18.

yuk

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Murdercasket wrote:
So, my wife bought me a copy of Catacombs last year and one thing or another has meant that we only just got around to opening it and playing it on tuesday this week, horror of horrors there was a board missing!

After having contacted Elzra customer service I received a reply, it amounted to agreeing to send a replacement board with the condition that my wife paid £18 to cover the delivery costs...

I have owned a fair few games over the years and one or two have had missing or damaged parts, not once have I been asked to pay for the replacement for any previous missing item.

This seems very wrong to me. The cost is so high that I could buy aother small box game for similar money.

The last game I bought with missing parrs was Descent, all the hero characters were missing, I emailed FFG and they posted them right out to me from the USA and I had them in my hands with 2 weeks free of charge, that was service! A copy of Lords of Vegas i purchased has a misprinted board and they sent a replacement to me FOC too.

Has anyone else been stung like this? It just seems fundamentally wrong and has certainly dampened my excitement fot playing this title.

I won't be paying the £18.

yuk



My assistant made a mistake - I spoke to her today about your issue as I'm on the road attending GAMA. I told her if it is our fault (and clearly it is in this case), we cover shipping. So don't worry, we'll get this taken care of for you and I apologize for the inconvenience.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean James
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aronwest wrote:
My assistant made a mistake - I spoke to her today about your issue as I'm on the road attending GAMA. I told her if it is our fault (and clearly it is in this case), we cover shipping. So don't worry, we'll get this taken care of for you and I apologize for the inconvenience.


THIS is excellent customer service. Bravo!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel James
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aronwest wrote:
Captain Murdercasket wrote:
So, my wife bought me a copy of Catacombs last year and one thing or another has meant that we only just got around to opening it and playing it on tuesday this week, horror of horrors there was a board missing!

After having contacted Elzra customer service I received a reply, it amounted to agreeing to send a replacement board with the condition that my wife paid £18 to cover the delivery costs...

I have owned a fair few games over the years and one or two have had missing or damaged parts, not once have I been asked to pay for the replacement for any previous missing item.

This seems very wrong to me. The cost is so high that I could buy aother small box game for similar money.

The last game I bought with missing parrs was Descent, all the hero characters were missing, I emailed FFG and they posted them right out to me from the USA and I had them in my hands with 2 weeks free of charge, that was service! A copy of Lords of Vegas i purchased has a misprinted board and they sent a replacement to me FOC too.

Has anyone else been stung like this? It just seems fundamentally wrong and has certainly dampened my excitement fot playing this title.

I won't be paying the £18.

yuk



My assistant made a mistake - I spoke to her today about your issue as I'm on the road attending GAMA. I told her if it is our fault (and clearly it is in this case), we cover shipping. So don't worry, we'll get this taken care of for you and I apologize for the inconvenience.


Okay, colour me totally impressed! I just read your response and I am pleased as punch. I am really looking forward to getting into the game now and my wife (Liz) is very happy with the resolution. Thanks so much for caring about our gaming experience and getting back to me on this forum. Massive thumbs up. kiss
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Breese
msg tools
To answer your question: "been stung like this," I got a 2017 Mayday Crokinole board. It had some major blemishes in the wood, including some "gunk" stuck on the surface (like some gloppy stain or something.)

I contacted Mayday on the KS, and I was told that if I covered the shipping both ways, I could get a new board. That would have been $60 in shipping for a $99 board.

Forget that.

Anyway, I'm so glad Elzra resolved the issue. Aron (and the team) are dedicated to high quality products, that is for sure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Murdercasket wrote:
aronwest wrote:
Captain Murdercasket wrote:
So, my wife bought me a copy of Catacombs last year and one thing or another has meant that we only just got around to opening it and playing it on tuesday this week, horror of horrors there was a board missing!

After having contacted Elzra customer service I received a reply, it amounted to agreeing to send a replacement board with the condition that my wife paid £18 to cover the delivery costs...

I have owned a fair few games over the years and one or two have had missing or damaged parts, not once have I been asked to pay for the replacement for any previous missing item.

This seems very wrong to me. The cost is so high that I could buy aother small box game for similar money.

The last game I bought with missing parrs was Descent, all the hero characters were missing, I emailed FFG and they posted them right out to me from the USA and I had them in my hands with 2 weeks free of charge, that was service! A copy of Lords of Vegas i purchased has a misprinted board and they sent a replacement to me FOC too.

Has anyone else been stung like this? It just seems fundamentally wrong and has certainly dampened my excitement fot playing this title.

I won't be paying the £18.

yuk



My assistant made a mistake - I spoke to her today about your issue as I'm on the road attending GAMA. I told her if it is our fault (and clearly it is in this case), we cover shipping. So don't worry, we'll get this taken care of for you and I apologize for the inconvenience.


Okay, colour me totally impressed! I just read your response and I am pleased as punch. I am really looking forward to getting into the game now and my wife (Liz) is very happy with the resolution. Thanks so much for caring about our gaming experience and getting back to me on this forum. Massive thumbs up. kiss


My pleasure - I'm glad to hear you're happy and that we resolved this issue for you.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.