Popular Tags: [View All]
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please help me!!!!
Now if you achieve RATE OF FIRE then you can only use your READY RACK for more ammo, right? Because once the shot has been taken you have no ammo loaded in the gun. Now why wouldn't you always use your READY RACK or at least till you run out of ammo. I don't understand the logic of not using it. Is it because when you achieve RATE of Fire you have ammo ready to deploy. What is the purpose of the READY RACK?????
What is the difference of not using your READY RACK and using it!

Thanks shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
READY RACK is a modifier to achieve Rate of Fire. If you run out of the type of ammo you are shooting in the Ready Rack, you no longer get that modifier and will have a tougher time achieving Rate of Fire until you get a chance to Restock Ready Rack.

You will always use the Ready Rack modifier if you have the rounds there to shoot unless you get a target that isn't that much of a threat, like a truck, armored car or halftrack (truck, psw, spw).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhh! Thanks man this is what I thought! So if I don't have the gun loaded from the ready rack I guess I'm toast till the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan, I believe you can still achieve rate of fire even when not loading from the ready rack. It is just harder to achieve as you don't get the ready rack modifier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As I play it:

1. Using the Ready Rack: You achieve easier the ROF (you have a -10 drm, but you cannot use the Assistent driver's rating if he passes ammo), but if you shoot enought to empty the Ready Rack, you cannot keep shooting even if you still get ROF and you will have to spend an action with the Loader to load the Ready Rack

2. Not using the Ready Rack: You could use the Assistent Driver to pass ammo and get some drm to make easier get the ROF, but it will be never -10, for sure. The good thing is that you will never lose the opportunity to fire if you still get ROF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan

The Ready Rack often causes a lot of confusion..

Here's how I explain it..

Your Tanks ammo is stored in different places, ( sponsons/floor/turret)
You can take ammo from any of these places via your GUNNER/LOADER ( gunner/loader modifier)
They turn in their seats or lean down to take ammo from those areas, they cant load as quick due to reaching further for the ammo..
They can have the ASSISTANT DRIVER help them by passing ammo from these other places and giving it to the GUNNER/LOADER, in effect hands it to them ..( assistant driver modifier)

The Ready Rack is a small set ammo storage for the GUNNER/LOADER only, they are very close to them, so they literally only have to reach a maximum arms length perhaps, ( ready rack modifier ), the assistant driver cannot help as he is too far away.

You will always store the ready rack with ammo for quick firing at dangerous targets ( ATG,Tanks), or if you don't have the right ammo in the ready rack ( use your assistant driver ) otherwise load from other areas if not imminent threat ( SPW, Truck, Inf ), ( always reload the ready rack often )
As long as you have ammo in your tank, you can fire, its just a case of imagining your crew moving/reaching for the ammo quick ( achieving rate of fire and all the ways that help you achieve that )
Or slow ( reaching for ammo, bending down, turning the shell the right way etc etc )

Hope this pic helps you

Cheerio

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:
...but if you shoot enought to empty the Ready Rack, you cannot keep shooting even if you still get ROF and you will have to spend an action with the Loader to load the Ready Rack

IMHO this is incorrect. When the Ready Rack supply ( of the appropriate Ammo type ) has been exhausted, IF you still have ROF, then you can use Ammo not in the Ready Rack ( with the appropriate Crew member deductions ). Obviously your chances of continuing to maintain the ROF are somewhat lessened...

mixykym wrote:
As long as you have ammo in your tank, you can fire, its just a case of imagining your crew moving/reaching for the ammo quick ( achieving rate of fire and all the ways that help you achieve that ) Or slow ( reaching for ammo, bending down, turning the shell the right way etc etc )

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It makes sense .

I'll do it in this way my next game. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.