Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Rocchi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
I'm confused about one point in the rules. When drafting cards from the Assembly Line, it says to discard cards to pay for any card costs. It then goes on to note, "Any costs in discarded cards remain in place for the cards in the Assembly Line according to where they were at the beginning of the round."

Does this mean that the cards used to pay costs are discarded to the discard pile, or are they discarded to the space in the Assembly Line from where you drafted your card? And if the latter, how do you place cards in the line if you are paying two cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the cards used in payment are discarded and the rules clarify that cards remaining in the assembly line do not change in value.

I took this to mean there will be empty spaces and to make it clear that the cards to draft remain at the same price they should not be moved to fill in the empty spaces. Hope that is clear, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rocchi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Okay, I see. Thanks. (Surely there could be a clearer way to state this in the rules. Kinda like how you just did...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
pusboyau wrote:
My understanding is that the cards used in payment are discarded and the rules clarify that cards remaining in the assembly line do not change in value.

I took this to mean there will be empty spaces and to make it clear that the cards to draft remain at the same price they should not be moved to fill in the empty spaces. Hope that is clear, I think.

Nick has it correct. Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.