Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Rising Sun» Forums » General

Subject: Predicted Actual Playtime rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reviewing the play through and the mechanics...I was starting to feel like it could drift into the 2-2.5 hour range for 4-5 player games. Not a negative, but as a primarily weeknight gamer it could pose a problem.

Does anyone else get that feeling regarding pace/length?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Stoner
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd imagine that game length can vary pretty dramatically due to player negotiation. That being said, based on what little we've seen thus far, 2 hours seems a good estimate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Im in the opposite boat. When we game we like to make a day of it and invest in one epic game. I was hoping the play time would be 4+ hours. Maybe with 6 we can stretch it to 3 hours and play 2 games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fel Barros
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Senior Game Developer at CMON
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seasoned players you can expect 30 minutes per player. It will also heavily depend on the amount of negotiation within the group.

We tried to playtest with the exact same table as intimacy led to more negotiation and we arrived at this 30-35 minutes per player meaning a 3-hour game in 6 is our average.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Full Gameplay video posted is four players and an hour and a half long. Doesn't seem like they were playing super-fast to me.

Seems to me like the game wouldn't be significantly lengthened with more players since the number of Political Mandates played in a game doesn't change with the number of players.

Of course, more players do mean more potential 'follow' actions for some of the mandates, more potential participants in combats, and more possible discussion between the players which would lengthen play time by at least some amount. But I wouldn't think it would be linear.

Of course, I don't have no way to know for sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RMGreen wrote:
The Full Gameplay video posted is four players and an hour and a half long. Doesn't seem like they were playing super-fast to me.

Seems to me like the game wouldn't be significantly lengthened with more players since the number of Political Mandates played in a game doesn't change with the number of players.

Of course, more players do mean more potential 'follow' actions for some of the mandates, more potential participants in combats, and more possible discussion between the players which would lengthen play time by at least some amount. But I wouldn't think it would be linear.

Of course, I don't have no way to know for sure.


Keep in mind that the gameplay video is also edited. The most obvious cuts being the setup for each season.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
FakeDutch wrote:
... intimacy led to more negotiation and we arrived at this 30-35 minutes per player...



Sounds like a very unique gaming group you have there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
FakeDutch wrote:
... intimacy led to more negotiation and we arrived at this 30-35 minutes per player...

Sounds like a very unique gaming group you have there.

A gaming group with negotiable intimacy? Alrighty, then!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.