Blood Bowl (2016 edition)» Forums » General

Subject: DIY Blood Bowl Folding Figures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolaus F.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Hey all, awhile back ago I found this page: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1036987/homebrew-blood-bowl...

I really liked what he was doing there but I didn't like his execution of it. Which lead me to trying my own hand at it. It resulted in me making folding standees with all the teams (no star players... yet?). Look for yourself:

As you can see I have the Amazon's here. I have printed them on card stock, labeled some generic numbers, and written their stats off of Living Rule Book 6. I then laminated them and 3D printed some stands found from thingiverse.

Here is a drop box link to all the teams from Living Rule Book 6:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jornbij2pwvggbx/AABuxYiDGg_z3QRtY...

You will notice that the only parts of the back filled out is the name of the unit. The player number and skill stats are up to you to fill out. I did it this way because I figured some people may want to just use erasable markers with laminated standees for variable stats.

I also inlcuded all original art from the fumbbl site, drawn by Knut_rockie and coloured by ryanfitz. As well as paint.net files for editing if you so wish.

In the future I plan to make standees for the star players, as well as small clips to represent skills and the ball. The more motivation I get on here the more likely those things get done.

Let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smurf_Techie wrote:
Hey all, awhile back ago I found this page: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1036987/homebrew-blood-bowl...

I really liked what he was doing there but I didn't like his execution of it.

Aw, harsh.

FWIW I like yours, but I'd be wary of making the standees to tall/large for the board. A tangle of face up/face down players could get very messy. The one thing I would change about my set is to make a bigger pitch, but I haven't got around to it yet.

Looks like you have plenty of room for skills on the back, so why not create some space for them? Numbers alone won't be sufficient to avoid referring to a separate roster sheet.

Your opponent will need a roster sheet regardless, because he/she won't be able to see the figures on the back of your standees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is great, but... the resolution is very very low. I suppose you did not find some higher resolution pictures ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaus F.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Benkyo wrote:
Smurf_Techie wrote:

I really liked what he was doing there but I didn't like his execution of it.

Aw, harsh.

FWIW I like yours, but I'd be wary of making the standees to tall/large for the board. A tangle of face up/face down players could get very messy. The one thing I would change about my set is to make a bigger pitch, but I haven't got around to it yet.

Looks like you have plenty of room for skills on the back, so why not create some space for them? Numbers alone won't be sufficient to avoid referring to a separate roster sheet.

Your opponent will need a roster sheet regardless, because he/she won't be able to see the figures on the back of your standees.

Yeah sorry, I didn't quite know how to word it elegantly, sorry. I still really liked what you did, just I've tried the cube route before with this: https://paperplayers.wordpress.com/ But Ultimately it felt to hard to distinguish who was face down/face up and couldn't tell who the ball holder actually was.

Skills I intend to have be stickers labeled by a letter or two and color. These will be placed on the edges next to the stats/pictures (the colored pillars).

When it comes to the stats my solution wasn't an attempt to completely eradicate the rule books, not to mention if my opponent wants to know the stats of my figures they can just ask, or you could just play with your figures facing yourself.

Oh and with regards to the board I got the starter set from 3rd edition, so I would just use that board.

King Bing wrote:
That is great, but... the resolution is very very low. I suppose you did not find some higher resolution pictures ?

The only resolution avaible for those picutres are the ones I used. I understand that while in a photo editor or in word it might look like the pictures are too low resolution but these things are only 32ish mm tall. The resolution cant be seen unless your sticking it in your face. Here is a black ork standee stnading next to a black orc from a starter set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.