Subject: Quick Question on Firepower Values on Personality Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dirk
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the little dots next to some of the firepower values on the personality cards? And also, why is the FP value on the Flamethrower on a box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Dirk wrote:
What are the little dots next to some of the firepower values on the personality cards?

Can you give an example? I'm not seeing any dots next to the firepower on my cards.

Quote:
And also, why is the FP value on the Flamethrower on a box?

That's a boxed firepower which is used versus AFVs. See 22.5 and 28.3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Felsher
United States
Rancho Palos Verdes
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The WGV version of the German personality cards has these leftover little dots. Ignore them....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Those dots should run all the way across, but some of them didn't reproduce very well on some cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dirk
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OKAY. Thanks to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Dirk wrote:
What are the little dots next to some of the firepower values on the personality cards?

The original AH cards had dots from the range to FP values. The WGV cards some of the dots didn't show up.

Quote:

Generally BOXED firepower/Effect number for ordnance weapons are for attacks vs. an AFV against its ARMOR/FLANK defense values (which can immobilize, stun or kill the AFV.)

Unboxed firepower and Effect numbers are used vs. infantry OF vs. the MORALE and CE (Crew Exposed) values of an AFV, which can only button up/Pin the AFV and Commander KIA (one man) in AFV, but not destroy/immobilize/stun the AFV.

(The exception is the Demo charge, despite being boxed, does not provide 8 boxed FP vs. AFV--it can be used for +4 in CC vs. an AFV though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dirk
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
Chris Dirk wrote:

The original AH cards had dots from the range to FP values. The WGV cards some of the dots didn't show up.

Quote:

Generally BOXED firepower/Effect number for ordnance weapons are for attacks vs. an AFV against its ARMOR/FLANK defense values (which can immobilize, stun or kill the AFV.)

Unboxed firepower and Effect numbers are used vs. infantry OF vs. the MORALE and CE (Crew Exposed) values of an AFV, which can only button up/Pin the AFV and Commander KIA (one man) in AFV, but not destroy/immobilize/stun the AFV.

(The exception is the Demo charge, despite being boxed, does not provide 8 boxed FP vs. AFV--it can be used for +4 in CC vs. an AFV though.)

The German flamethrower has a boxed 12 (or maybe it's 13) for its firepower and nothing more. It's what comes with scenario C if playing the Germans as the attacking force. Am I assuming I can use it on the American Pillbox?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Dirk wrote:

The German flamethrower has a boxed 12 (or maybe it's 13) for its firepower and nothing more. It's what comes with scenario C if playing the Germans as the attacking force. Am I assuming I can use it on the American Pillbox?

Yes, the 12 firepower is used vs. infantry or an AFV (I have never done this--as there no scenarios with both a flamethrower and an AFV.)

If you read the rules for Flamethrowers they have special attributes (22):
- Fire attacks with Flamethrowers ignore the negative Defensive Terrain Effect on the target group. (Awesome against the -4 of a Pillbox!)
- If providing all firepower needed for a fire card, the Fire Strength of the attack is not halved when moving (Definitely useful.)
- It breaks really easily (X5-6 and if in a multi-weapon group--it is going to break! (Ouch!)
- It lowers the KIA value of the man holding it. (That tank of fuel on you back....) (OUCH! Ouch!)
- And it has to get to point blank range (i.e. RR5) to even fire. (OUCH! Ouch! OUCH!)

-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.