Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing my best to learn this game. Any WW2 game with a map of Antarctica deserves to be played! But it's crying out for an instructional video. I don't even have a grasp on simple ground combat--sending Germans in to take out Poland. I'm soloing the WC game, and the Polish AF starts the game shattered. Why? Did something happen before set-up? Each side draws a card (chit) on each pulse. Any particular time during the pulse? Can it be played as soon as you draw it? In short, even though the Sequence of play is on the back of Book 2 (I believe), I need it explained in some more detail. Thank you,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herbert Gratz
Austria
Vienna
Unspecified
flag msg tools
As I understand it the card draw IS the pulse.
I am not the designer but I suppose: Pol air = shattered because it didn't have much of an impact on the campaign but the PIL were good. They fought well in the Battle of Britain. So if Fall Weiss takes longer than a turn the POL airforce can be rebuilt and cause troubles. (After the initial turmoil.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
herbertgratz wrote:
As I understand it the card draw IS the pulse.
I am not the designer but I suppose: Pol air = shattered because it didn't have much of an impact on the campaign but the PIL were good. They fought well in the Battle of Britain. So if Fall Weiss takes longer than a turn the POL airforce can be rebuilt and cause troubles. (After the initial turmoil.)

Correct -- the Polish air force was bombed on the ground and (for game purposes) is out of action at the start of the first turn.

And yes, drawing an event chit is a type of pulse -- one of the 13 types the player can choose (if memory serves).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rogeracox wrote:
Each side draws a card (chit) on each pulse. Any particular time during the pulse? Can it be played as soon as you draw it?

There are (I think -- I don't have the rules handy) 13 different types of pulse each player can choose. But you can only choose one option on each pulse. The Axis could pick a chit on their very first pulse, though this would be sort of an odd move. Usually the Germans want to bulldoze Poland before they start drawing chits, so you would do a land move pulse for that.

There is also a limit to the number of chits you can draw each turn (thus a limit to the number of chit draw "Event Pulses" you can do each turn).

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate R
msg tools
I too noticed that there were no videos on this game so I am currently recording some. I just started so it will be a while but I'll post when they are up. Don't expect perfection because I am still learning as well but at least it will give people a view of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Costa
Portugal
Carcavelos
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Natedawgusmc wrote:
I too noticed that there were no videos on this game so I am currently recording some. I just started so it will be a while but I'll post when they are up. Don't expect perfection because I am still learning as well but at least it will give people a view of the game.

Please do and don't worry with perfection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.