Popular Tags: [View All]
The Honest Yeti
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a relatively new gamer to the hobby and have only been really “in” for about 6 months now. I’m still finding my way in a hobby that many folks have already spent years honing their skills, finding out their favorite games/mechanics, know the publishers/designers they love and having their place(s) to play. So, I’m still very much muddling around with each aspect of what makes the hobby fantastic. As one veteran, in my new game group, says, I’m still in the I see it, I want it, I bought it and I didn’t like it or I loved it phase; the 30+ games I now own do not help build a case against this statement.

While I may still be in the “honeymoon” phase, I must say I have found my game designer/publisher in Portal games. It isn’t because their games, to me, are very engaging and interesting but because while they are very much an established company, they are still very much human. The reason why I say this is because several months ago I entered a contest for Portal Games on their twitter page. It was a simple contest, about what folks thought about their 2016 season, and with what I said…I won. Now, of course, this was the viewpoint of someone new to the hobby, but I had already played many of their titles and already very pleased with what they had to offer. After I won, they contacted me to get my address and send the one game I didn’t have, but wanted, which was Imperial Settlers. A couple days ago, I let them know that it had not arrived and I believed that they may have shipped it to Manchester UK instead of its equivalent in the United States; I believed this because I previously ordered Robinson Crusoe promo items from them and the United Kingdom was scratched out and written in pen was “United States”, over the label. I kindly thanked them for the contest but wasn’t going to ask them to ship another out; shipping internationally is a pain…I’ve had plenty of dealings with the Russian Post to know. However, they just responded, “We made a mistake…we will fix this…send us your details and we will get it right”.

While I wasn’t expecting anything, I was just refreshed by the honesty from them and their desire to make things right. I was awestruck, to say the least, and so I wanted to share this story with everyone. While I may be still devouring everything in sight, the one thing I know is that I am one step closer to knowing what kind of gamer I am, and have found my go-to publisher/designer in Portal Games. They are definitely a world class figure in the board game industry and I look forward to being a fan and devouring all their games to come. My own concern is....will there be enough cookies left in the world for the rest of us to enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Timmins
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
So stop your cheap comment, 'Cause we know what we feel...
badge
I'm #2
mbmbmbmbmb
Good customer service is a rare thing in today's world. Kudos to Portal. Glad you've found your favorite publisher, too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.