Popular Tags: [View All]
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, the project is shipping from a US hub. So Canadian backers will be forced to pay a boatload of service charges from whichever carrier they decide to use (unless they use USPS but that is doubtful).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one of the reasons I have only saved it and not backed it at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
Sadly, the project is shipping from a US hub. So Canadian backers will be forced to pay a boatload of service charges from whichever carrier they decide to use (unless they use USPS but that is doubtful).

It is a bit odd, and a bummer seeing as I'm Canadian. I've never been charged extra when they've sent grimslingers copies to me though. But customs can be a huge gamble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
LJplays wrote:

It is a bit odd, and a bummer seeing as I'm Canadian. I've never been charged extra when they've sent grimslingers copies to me though. But customs can be a huge gamble.

I don't know why USPS is doubtful. It would the preferable shipping method across the border.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loquitur wrote:
ssgibson wrote:
LJplays wrote:

I don't know why USPS is doubtful. It would the preferable shipping method across the border.

Doubtful that they'd use it for all of Canada. Most often the US Hub is on the west coast, so if shipping is handed over to a company (which is usually the case) then they will just ship via cheapest method from that particular hub. Once you're east of say, Alberta, commercial carriers are more affordable. That's the problem with US Hub shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cochrane
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did see a few Retail copies at 401Games in Toronto. (27 bucks!)
I'll have to go back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
LJplays wrote:

Are you in BC or Alberta by any chance? Or was it shipped via USPS?
The frustrating thing about cross-boarder shipping isn't the duty, because there isn't any on board games. Paying sales tax isn't a problem. That's fair. What's unfair are all the surcharges the private carriers charge for clearing the package for you. I even was charged a COD fee when I picked the package up from the depot myself because I hadn't been home for a shipment. I protested but the response was that since they had attempted COD (what, brought the machine in the truck?) that I had to pay the fee anyway. In the end, the $35 board game cost me another 25 bucks. Legally, I only needed to pay $4.55 for HST. So UPS charged me over $20 to cover $4.55 for me at the border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in London, Ontario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.