Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
News from GAMA: https://www.facebook.com/FFPgames/photos/pcb.101542902033569...

"For the Tenth Anniversary of Last Night on Earth, we are releasing a limited Deluxe Edition of the original game including the classic cast of 8 heroes, as well as new playable Hero versions of 4 of the original Townsfolk, a plastic Old Truck to escape in, plastic pieces for several of the markers, some new Scenarios and Cards, rules for Fire and the Experience System - first introduced in Timber Peak, and a brand new Last Night on Earth Rulebook, collecting 10 years of survival horror! Both this deluxe edition of Last Night on Earth and the new 'Hero Pack Two' expansion will be out this Fall!"

I'm excited the updated rulebook alone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume Hero Pack 2 is the 4 townsfolk that are in the anniversary edition, but you know what they say about assume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beorndog wrote:
I assume Hero Pack 2 is the 4 townsfolk that are in the anniversary edition, but you know what they say about assume.

From ffp Facebook page:

Hero Pack Two has four new heroes, new cards and a new Scenario - no overlap with LNOE 10th Anniversary Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Ses
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great if they could do an upgrade pack that just has the new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
SimonSes wrote:
It would be great if they could do an upgrade pack that just has the new content.

I really hope they do. They better do that honestly...
But I do have fears they won't....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
SimonSes wrote:

My wallet is safe. I am not buying any FFp stuff before MC and Fofo are delivered. I love their games but customer/investor approach is utter shit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
wait... is this for the 10th anniversary of when they released the game or when they last supported it? (kidding... sort of)

If they are making Hero Pack 2 (finally) does that mean they will be reprinting Hero Pack 1 as well?

As much as I enjoyed this game (I have everything except HP1), I definitely will not be re-buying the game (despite what that nagging completionist in me has to say about it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pratt
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Just admit it already, Small World is not a fantasy wargame...it's a Mancala variant!
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
SimonSes wrote:

I can help with that, as I already asked. They will not make the new material available to existing owners via an upgrade pack. You buy the deluxe edition, or you do without. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have most of the expansions for this (minus Timber Peak), and can't see me rebuying the core set just to get 4 new heroes. I already own 18 heroes, and Hero Pack 2 will bring that total to 22 if I buy it. Since I normally only bring out LNoE when there are exactly five of us to play, I would be dealing 5 out to each hero player to choose from. That already seems like too many.

I just hope they make Rulebook 2.0 available to print/download on their website. An update pack would be great, but I read they have no plans to release one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
vladdswrath wrote:
corkysru wrote:
SimonSes wrote:

I can help with that, as I already asked. They will not make the new material available to existing owners via an upgrade pack. You buy the deluxe edition, or you do without. soblue

That stinks but then Hero versions of the original Townsfolk didn't really thrill me anyway, and anyone could probably find a toy truck for less.

edit:spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Malkowski
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy and relieved to see that the Frog is beginning to produce something other than Brimstone-related titles. Don't get me wrong, I like Brimstone, but I am a much greater fan of their earlier titles like A Touch of Evil, Last Night of Earth, and Fortune and Glory. I was a little disappointed when, after a more than two-year drought, they announced Forbidden Fortress (another Brimstone product) without first issuing something for their earlier titles. Surely there was more Brimstone material at that point than the market was able to realistically digest. I realize that there is economics involved, but surely there is sufficient support to both promote Brimstone AND offer expansions for the titles I listed previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Got the base game 6 month ago. Won't be buying it a second time, thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... Might get it if it fixes the rules. It's just such a wreck to play this game, or try to learn to play each time. I only have the base game, so I'd appreciate all that extra stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Polioliolio wrote:
or try to learn to play each time.

Just use this (http://www.orderofgamers.com/downloads/LastNightonEarth_v2.p...) and you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Printing now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phalanx phalanx
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FFP said in the comment that there are no plans for an upgrade pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
It would make a lot of sense to include the web-download scenarios, but that probably won't happen.

Any word about whether there will be some card corrections? The wiki lists some cards that have missing/incorrect wording.

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=LNOE_FAQ_%...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really glad to see they are still expanding the LNOE universe. Glad to see this game get support. More LNOE players is nothing but a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
more news:
http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/37067/flying-frogs-2017-r...

Quote:
This boxed set will include eight heroes, including new playable versions of the original Townsfolk, along with a plastic Old Truck model, plastic pieces for several of the game markers, new scenarios, and an updated and expanded rulebook that includes rules for fire and the experience system introduced in the Timber Peak expansion. MSRP is $99.95.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I expected better from this company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:

I'm not really upset by this move. I'm clearly not the target audience for the Anniversary Edition since I have everything else. I already have Timber Peak, so I have the fire and experience rules. Don't really need a plastic truck or plastic marker bits. This just seems like a good way to get new players in the game without making me feel like I need to buy it just to get one or two new things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frantic Ferret wrote:
corkysru wrote:

I'm not really upset by this move. I'm clearly not the target audience for the Anniversary Edition since I have everything else. I already have Timber Peak, so I have the fire and experience rules. Don't really need a plastic truck or plastic marker bits. This just seems like a good way to get new players in the game without making me feel like I need to buy it just to get one or two new things.

An upgrade pack wouldn't kill them. New heroes & the truck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:

An upgrade pack wouldn't kill them. New heroes & the truck.

I missed the part about new heros. Yeah, you're right. An upgrade pack would be nice. Since they sell almost every individual part for the game on their site I could see this happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! I was thinking of picking this up and the anniversary deluxe edition sounds perfect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad that Flying Frog are continuing to support good old LNoE, but on the other hand, I already feel like I have enough stuff for this game - and I don't even have Survival of the Fittest or any of the Timber Peak material!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.