Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not fully convinced from the article alone but with Bannon's background being what it is, it would not be surprising either if true.

http://forward.com/news/national/366181/exclusive-nazi-allie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
The article presents Gorka as a bullshit artist.

"It is so hard to find good help these days", whispered Countess Trump as the naked footman ran through the drawing room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you too lazy to follow the link, here's an excerpt:
Quote:
Sebastian Gorka, President Trump’s top counter-terrorism adviser, is a formal member of a Hungarian far-right group that is listed by the U.S. State Department as having been “under the direction of the Nazi Government of Germany” during World War II, leaders of the organization have told the Forward.

[...]

Gorka’s membership in the organization — if these Vitézi Rend leaders are correct, and if Gorka did not disclose this when he entered the United States as an immigrant — could have implications for his immigration status. The State Department’s Foreign Affairs Manual specifies that members of the Vitézi Rend “are presumed to be inadmissible” to the country under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Gorka — who Vitézi Rend leaders say took a lifelong oath of loyalty to their group — did not respond to multiple emails sent to his work and personal accounts, asking whether he is a member of the Vitézi Rend and, if so, whether he disclosed this on his immigration application and on his application to be naturalized as a U.S. citizen in 2012. The White House also did not respond to a request for comment.

But Bruce Einhorn, a retired immigration judge who now teaches nationality law at Pepperdine University, said of this, “His silence speaks volumes.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how precisely it related to Gorka's Hungarian/Nazi connections (I was going to write "past", but it's the present, too) OR to Gorka's lies about his counter-terrorism credentials, but it's interesting to note that he has not been able to obtain a top secret security clearance, which is really the bare minimum to operate in NSC/counter-terrorism arena.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An immature, snake oils salesmen trying to play grown-up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
An immature, snake oils salesmen trying to play grown-up.

Which one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so he has denied it now.
Also, the current group is not the one banned.
according to Wikipedia

Quote:
The majority of the real estate owned by Jews that were deported after the German occupation of Hungary went to organizations supportive of the collaborationist regime, including the Order of Vitéz and its members.[8][9][10]

Hungarian expert of the Order of Vitéz, historian Róbert Kerepeszki has stressed that there were ruptures in the organization of the Order of Vitéz on the question of Nazism during the war, many of them died fighting against Hungarian Nazis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are actually interested, this twitter thread has more background both on Gorka, the reporting that went into the story, some attempts at denying that reporting.

Includes links to the original Forward story. (click the tweet below, will take you to the thread)

Oh, and this isn't the first reporting on Gorka's unsavory ties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.