Zion F
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this as this is my first time posting a FAQ question.

If a player's draw deck is empty and a card says "discard from the top of players deck" is it ignored, does it flow through to players hand, do they lose the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would probably be a better place to find an answer:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/205359/star-wars-des...

Every board game has its own forum, which can be a wealth of knowledge for players.

I don't play Destiny, so I can't answer your question, though.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As said the games forum would probably get better responses.

I have only played a couple games and do not own the game, but I thought that if you need to draw and your deck was empty you lose, and I would consider discarding from the draw deck equivalent to drawing and discarding the drawn card, so I would consider it a loss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
Waves broke in swift lines on the beach, and she walked over the sand toward her friends, in the wind, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread will probably and should be moved, but FYI if you haven't found an answer yet, nothing happens. You only lose from lack of cards at the END of the turn when you have no cards in your deck AND hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca Jensen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see direct reference to this in the rules, but in general, Destiny rules are very literal. Discard from the top of the player's deck means discard from the top of player's deck (and not elsewhere), so that card would have no effect. At least that's my interpretation.

Also, even if a player has zero cards in their deck and in hand, they don't lose until the end of the round, after the upkeep phase. (Page 14)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zion F
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
All: Thanks for the responses! Good to know each game has it's own forum. I will definitely post there in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.