Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Hi there...

I'm about to do a order from "http://www.boardgamesmaker.com/" (they are a sister site form the same people as PrinterStudio but they also do Boxes and Gameboards)

Anyway... I'm going though the Warhammer ACG stuff and been trying to make it so it fits the template for PrinterStudio / BoardGamemaker.

Here is an example....

(shrunk for easy)

This is an example of the data providers by the content creators.

This is how a card cut out and pasted into (seized UP a little) into the BRIDGE CARD template file PrinterStudio Uses

As you can see like most custom cards makers there is nearly zero room for bleed or press cutting. : (

Scaled version not taking safe area into account

This is the same thing scaled even more to fit into the template but ignoring safe area completely. I am just worried that much of the card will be cut off if there is any miss-cuts during pressing.

I have made a version of this card.... to match the template

This is my version of his card to match the template. It is a little bit of a dodge.

What I really need is a completely BLANK card I think.

What do you think of this version and if yu have printed from PrinterStudio and NOT done something like this can you take a photo of your cards and show me?

Just how "safe" is that safe area in the template... I know I should have as much as possible inside it.. but can I bleed it out a little? Will the "scaled not caring" thing actually print fine?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Has anyone used Printer Studio?

What exactly did you have the safe areas set to and do you have any photos of your cards for me to see?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I've currently got an order from printerstudio. I'll post pics when they come in. I've got pictures of some the examples in my thread about making a printer studio collection of the stuff on here. (just scroll down)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.