Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
Look at my spooky glowing eyes!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Feel free to submit ideas for Rooms you would like to see in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

- Secret Passageway: A corridor that only Monsters can use to travel to other rooms.

- Abandoned Chapel: Humans have bonus in this room.

- Ritual Sacrifice Room: Humans lose type and special abilities while in room.

- Crypt: Humans have penalty in this room.

- Torture Chamber: Monsters have bonus in this room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Village "room" tiles for scenarios where monsters attack the village instead. Or if an inside area, then a castle could do and works both ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

@(batanen)

Sounds like an interesting idea. I made a similar suggestion earlier in the campaign for an expansion with village tiles and missions where the monsters attack the village to stop a ritual or creation of a weapon that would harm the Castle Heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NecroNuke9 wrote:

- Secret Passageway: A corridor that only Monsters can use to travel to other rooms.

- Abandoned Chapel: Humans have bonus in this room.

- Ritual Sacrifice Room: Humans lose type and special abilities while in room.

- Crypt: Humans have penalty in this room.

- Torture Chamber: Monsters have bonus in this room.

+1 for the Chapel and Torture Chamber.

I would also like to see...

- Cemetery: Has day and night effects. Monster get bonus at night, heroes at day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin LaGarry
United States
Massena
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an idea:

Study: monsters and humans have a chance to find a tome for a one time bonus. Humans use at a penalty/gain corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Beatty
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treasure chamber: affects hunters & villages. Maybe the lose a turn to loot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Baumgartner
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glass house - with maneater plants - dinner time
Elevator - some vertical fun
Rooftops - watch your step
Flooded passage or place like cave or cellar - something touched my leg
Well with secret passage - jump in to the darkness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yebsx2
msg tools
Since we're on the way to unlocking our first aquatic monster, the castle should probably include a moonlit dock. It could be a small tile, with rotting boards and murky water on it. For special rules, maybe it could provide some sort of movement bonus, like the monsters are catching a subterranean ferry or something like that. Maybe a monster could forfeit its turn to then move to any tile of its choice.

Also, what kind of castle doesn't have a drawbridge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Boehm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) "Play" room, I mean, who says monsters s don't want some leisure time?

Bowling with severed heads.

Darts with human fingers with spikes through them(of course placed there when the victim was still alive), shot at a board drawn in blood on the dismembered torso of a victim.

Bobbing for organs.

Human piƱata.

Enter the room, pick a game, get a different bonus for a few rounds, like health recovery, an extra die, +1 to rolls etc.

2) Biome - capture a human and put them here, all monsters get advantage for a few rounds based on additional knowledge from watching the hostages actions, roll each round to see if the hostage dies of starvation, hunger, thirst, or fear/stress, if they die, lose the bonus after that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Smets
Belgium
Bouwel
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
-secret room with advantage for ranged attacks
-cave
-jail for extra scenario: capture 2 hero's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jaramillo
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think a Cemetery would work with the day and night add on dice.my second vote would be for a hidden tunnel,maybe to the heart or opposite side of board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon K
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Can it be something with time manipulation? Like time moves slower or faster, or some kind of time mechanic? What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the small room should be a bed chamber with a balcony that has day/night effects.
The large room should be either a cemetery or a dungeon.

Of course, I'd also like to see a ballroom, and the top room of a tower (which could be a prison room or some such).

Any room or area from any of the Castlevania games would work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parisa
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
A battlement display of horror on top of castle walls. As monsters kills heroes and special enemies, their torn and ripped bodies are displayed there to put fear in the heart of peasants, as they approach the castle.
Mechanic: Fear. the more heroes you kill, the more frightened the rest become (affecting stats) could be used to complement a time mechanic that works against us in game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vanpouille

Toulouse
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the cementery
+1 for the Flooded passage

And for some kind of cahos it would be fun to have a "portal chamber" which teleport in a random room in the castle (dice roll ?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warf LePoilu
msg tools
A nice castle entrance, with an old drawbridge, day/night mechanic, and the possibility to throw villagers in the moat !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Fowler
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
I absolutely second the moat idea! To me, having a moat and drawbridge really helps it seem like a castle. If that tile was in the game, I'd always try to squeeze it into every scenario! It just makes the thing seem more complete, somehow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gallant
msg tools
Wouldn't mind seeing an Apse (rounded) section of a cathedral layout for a basilica scenario I'm thinking about. No religious iconography necessarily, just the printed room shape on an otherwise square tile would be interesting for a bit of flavor. Monsters holed up in back, villagers crashing in from all the side rooms, town heroes blocking the main door...could be fun as a zerg/kill count style mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZaiFurn
msg tools
mbmb
batanen wrote:
Village "room" tiles for scenarios where monsters attack the village instead. Or if an inside area, then a castle could do and works both ways.

NecroNuke9 wrote:

@(batanen)

Sounds like an interesting idea. I made a similar suggestion earlier in the campaign for an expansion with village tiles and missions where the monsters attack the village to stop a ritual or creation of a weapon that would harm the Castle Heart.

+1 Village Tiles, attacking the village for any reason sounds good to me ^^'

+1 Moat + Drawbridge
+1 Flooded area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More outdoor areas to take advantage of that mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hall
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Torture chamber (I really just want to proxy the Butcher and sit in there and yell fresh meat when villagers enter)devil
-Overgrown outside garden area
+1 Jail/dungeon
+1 Defiled/ruined chapel
-summoning/chanting room with a pentagram on the floor and a bunch of candles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Door to nowhere - like a castle tower door and small ledge that leads to an impossible precipice. Villagers directed here have to pass a skill test or fall to their long overdue deaths on the broken rocks and stormy coast below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sore room or attic - a place hiding traps and or relics giving benefits to either the villagers or monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawn palmer
msg tools
mb
I love the chapel idea and I also love the idea of a creepy indoor garden. The Adams Family had something like that.

Bonus vote for anything with indoor statues.

Do we have a laboratory?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.