Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed out on the KS but I did preorder it shotly after the campaign ended.

Does anyone know the status?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Kickstarted it, and I haven't received any shipping notice yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, KS fulfillment hasn't finished yet. Mine is supposed to ship this week according to the email I got last week. I would assume the pre-orders would go out shortly after they finish KS fulfillment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Weber
United States
Mayfield Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'm getting antsy about the fulfillment as I haven't received any shipping notices, but this is the first one I'm getting from Funagain games (who I heard was doing the fulfillment shipping) so who knows when the game will arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Tim this week and he said they were still working on sending out all the kickstarter games. All preorders (such as in my case) will go out the middle to end of next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
If you manage to click exactly on my avatar's eye, you will win a special prize! Be careful though, as the penalty for missing it is severe.
mbmbmbmbmb
The US kickstarter games still haven't shipped. They've been at Funagain's shipping warehouse for 2 weeks. It may ship this week, it may not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Weber
United States
Mayfield Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alextnorris wrote:
The US kickstarter games still haven't shipped. They've been at Funagain's shipping warehouse for 2 weeks. It may ship this week, it may not.

If I was Tim, I'd be pretty sore about that.
I understand delays when they happen, but
letting the product just sit there for the KS backers?

If I ever thought of buying from Funagain Games, that possibility has disappeared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim posted in the KS comments that Funagain games was backed up when the games arrived in their warehouse. He's not sure when all the games will get sent out but some starting going out last Friday (3/17).

I think we have to remember that this is still a relatively small hobby and it doesn't have the infrastructure to instantly deliver on everything. Even Amazon had huge failures fulfilling US copies of the Gloomhaven KS.

Also,due to Chinese New Year, a lot of manufacturer's rushed to get games shipped before the factories shut downs. This is probably peak time for Funagain receiving multiple Kickstarter projects into their warehouse. It's just going to take time. Coupled with GAMA last week, this time of year is just a bottleneck for our hobby.

Edit: Quote from Tim Below:
"Sorry guys - I haven't got definitive word when all the US shipments will be done through funagain. They were backed up when the shipment arrived. I know 500 or so US orders left on Friday, so I expect the rest in the next couple days. I'll report when I know more. Thanks for you patience."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McLaughlin
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Tasty Bacon! Crispy Bacon! I'd get it myself but I don't have THUMBS
badge
WHERE IS IT!? Where's the BACON??
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a shipping confirmation email today - and it shows that the package was submitted to UPS yesterday for a delivery on the 25th. Anyone else in the USA get an email notice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerdion wrote:
I got a shipping confirmation email today - and it shows that the package was submitted to UPS yesterday for a delivery on the 25th. Anyone else in the USA get an email notice?

Got a shipping notice e-mail today as well!

Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is honestly not an excuse for this, and referencing Gloomhaven only serves to make this fulfillment look worse. Gloomhaven had a percentage that was delayed by a couple weeks due to an error in which Amazon confused the retail release date with those copies meant for late backers especially.

It is not the same. During this time, updates and apologies came in a steady stream.

This has been two weeks of mostly just silence, and a total fail on funagain's part. I will not be using them for anything, ever - and with Mr. Fowers, well - my opinion has slipped a bit due to poor communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badgeguy wrote:
Gerdion wrote:

Got a shipping notice e-mail today as well!

Woot!

Has anyone gotten shipping notice who pre-ordered? (vs Backing the KS)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter backer here - and I haven't received any notification. I'm assuming KS backers would get notifications/delivery before preorders. But, with KS you never know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TL;DR: I apologize if I insinuated that Gloomhaven and Fugitive are suffering from the same issues. That was not my intention. Just manage expectations relative to the scale of the companies invloved. Isaac communicated superbly, but Tim is available via different channels. Not what I wish, but still available.

Sorry for the use of Gloomhaven because I realize that it has a negative stigma associated with the fulfillment because of the delays. I only used it because it was fresh in my mind since I was one of the last few hundred shipped. I much appreciate Isaac's constant communication. I wish more KS creators did what he did, but sadly we don't live in that world.

I also apologize for my word choice of failures. I don't think Amazon or Isaac failed me in getting my product to me. Yes, I wish it was faster. Amazon, from what I can tell was just acting according to their information and contract. Isaac did a great job communicating that and apologizing for something he didn't have to (in my opinion).

I just used it in reference to manage expectations. Amazon is significantly larger than Funagain and it took them the full time of their contract to ship out games.

Tim and Funagain had to deal with the following things:
1) Chinese New Year is going to back up everyone.
2) GAMA trade show is going to limit staff at Funagain when they received units. (3/13-3/17)
3) Tim was at GDC giving a talk during the time that his Update 13 expected boxes to start shipping out. (last week of Feb)

Tim was late a week updating us with Update 14 (3/10). I'm not going to fault him for that, but granted that's my opinion. I get that the week before was probably busy. Sure I wish that he had communicated via KS updates, just to give an update saying he was at GDC and units were on route to Funagain, stuck at customs, or still shipping.

He did post this in the comments section on March 3rd though:
"International, Australia, UK should be shipping. US shipping I'm waiting for confirmation it has left the dock on the way to the warehouse
Note: in some cases, the sleeves and card holders are coming separately"

I'm not saying that I want to go hunting for comments in the KS comment thread, but Tim is communicating these things. Just not via preferred channels.

As for Funagain, knowing CNY and GAMA issues, I'm not going to fault them, especially since I don't know the full story. They are probably contractually obligated to ship in a "timely" manner which may be within several weeks. Until I know they violated that contract, it's just the logistics of shipping. If they did violate some contract then yes I'll be upset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He also posted this yesterday:
"Hey guys - About 50% of the US orders have been sent. The US warehouse has all the tracking numbers, since all the labels are prepared. They can send them all out now, but they have been waiting to send them as the batches leave. Would you guys prefer them all now? It may be 2-3 days before they all go out, so your tracking might not show any info for a bit.
On Burgle tokens - contact me if you just want the missing tokens(most are extras), or get the kit from BGGstore if you want the bonus stuff with alarms+thermal tokens to cover the bases. http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/burgle-bros-replaceme...
Some orders will have the missing tokens included in the package."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update - and yes, I think both of us sounded a little more strongly on the issue than intended. I will be happy to eventually receive it. My last name starts with Y, so I usually feel the sting of KS delays worst, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right there with you with W
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottish Zombie

Outer Space
msg tools
When there's no more room left in Hell...
badge
We have wee, not-so-wee, and FRIGGIN' HUGE!
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy got his today - West coast and last name starts with an H, if that matters. Meanwhile, East coast, S, and no tracking number yet for me.

*Edit: Got my copy today (3/28), and am pretty happy with it. Can't wait to break this out to play during lunch times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori Gayle
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the notice a shipping label was created, but as of March 24 the status says USPS is still waiting for the item.

Kickstarter backer #535, east coast, last name starts with G.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure last name is not part of the process Just joking around really.

I received notice shortly after my first post. Backer 706.
Maybe it's by backer #, maybe it's by location, maybe if the units were organized before shipping it's however Funagain pulls them out to ship, and of course, maybe it's just random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorigayle wrote:
I received the notice a shipping label was created, but as of March 24 the status says USPS is still waiting for the item.

Kickstarter backer #535, east coast, last name starts with G.

Just received my notice of shipping today! Very excited to try this game out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yates

Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natasha T
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Kickstarter backer and I received mine in the mail today! Kind of disappointed though as the box top/side has damage... guess the double bubble mailer wasn't enough to keep it protected. My first KS delivery that had damage. Thankfully none of the components were affected though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered on March 10, but haven't yet received anything. We're eager to check it out as our real target is Burgle Bros. and we want to examine this first.

Recd. game yesterday with some dings on the lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Fuller
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a dinged corner and a crumpled Burgle Bros. card as well. So much so I had to trash the Burgle Bros. card; looked like it has been through the laundry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.