Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deavon Church
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group averages 5-6 players and I was thinking, would combining two copies of the game to have six player boards work or am I overlooking something that would be game breaking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
If I have 6 players and 2 copies I would play 2 separate games of it. Even at 4 players, the disaster rolls (pestilence) are brutal, making the counter-tech (medicine) mandatory. There are also not enough monuments for everyone.

You could play I guess, and give everyone medicine for free, and maybe allow the first 2 players to build a monument to get full points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gabriellyon wrote:
Our group averages 5-6 players and I was thinking, would combining two copies of the game to have six player boards work or am I overlooking something that would be game breaking?

Monuments and Downtime would be my deterrants to making this more than 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deavon Church
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had thought about downtime but given how fast our turns move I wasn't too concerned. The number of monuments does appear to be a real issue. Not sure how I could make that work. Thanks for the input all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.