Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone tried either of these? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Thickitt
United States
flag msg tools
Browsing through Vibrant lantern and I noted a couple of products that seem to be pretty new, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these:

Organizer: https://topdownterrain.com/collections/hobby-accessories/pro...

Monster Dashboard: https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1245755805461700

Thoughts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought and assembled the top down terrain organizer. I have not started filling it yet. I store my core game in the minercreations organizer and but plan to switch to the top down on certain items, and using a combination of them both in order to fit core game and all old and new expansions
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
I think I will look into buying the organiser. Curious what the shipping cost on that to Canada is.

Edit: Nevermind. It's $25. Which is reasonable. Lol. Almost as much as to ship a single expansion from the KDM shop
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That organizer looks fantastic. I have the minercreations one and it works well, but I'm tempted to try the other one now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
Neuburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I build my organizer by foam core by the instruction on this side. I think it´s very useful, because all cards, tokens and manuals fit in one box.


But an organizer made of wood would be amazing. But I don´t know, if sleeved cards will fit. Does anybody know that?


And it's not black. You have to paint it first.
http://vibrantlantern.com/extra/tdt_organizer/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justine Sales
msg tools
What is the material used for the organizer?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hey, I designed the dashboards. If you have any queries, feel free to ask. There's now a gear grid only version (that tracks survival actions and affinity) and a gear grid + dashboard version.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
There is just one problem, though it isn't one that will really affect anyone until 2019ish: the KDM box will simply not hold the core+first expacs+second expacs. If the new expansions have anything like the card content that came with the old expansions there is simply not going to be any feasible way to fit everything in.

Gonna have to start learning woodworking and carpentry my fellow gamers. KDM - making nerds do physical labor since 2015.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IASeldon wrote:
There is just one problem, though it isn't one that will really affect anyone until 2019ish: the KDM box will simply not hold the core+first expacs+second expacs. If the new expansions have anything like the card content that came with the old expansions there is simply not going to be any feasible way to fit everything in.

Gonna have to start learning woodworking and carpentry my fellow gamers. KDM - making nerds do physical labor since 2015.


that is why i bought the second organizer. I plan on using one organizer in the box, and one in the lid.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thickitt
United States
flag msg tools
IASeldon wrote:
There is just one problem, though it isn't one that will really affect anyone until 2019ish: the KDM box will simply not hold the core+first expacs+second expacs. If the new expansions have anything like the card content that came with the old expansions there is simply not going to be any feasible way to fit everything in.

Gonna have to start learning woodworking and carpentry my fellow gamers. KDM - making nerds do physical labor since 2015.


This was my thought as well. I've got a Satan's pledge on order and I would love to have it all in one box and one organizer, but I can't see how that will be possible. The top down organizer looks like it still has a bit of room, but there are 16+ more expansions coming...

As for building my own, I'm down for some carpentry if someone else will design a box/chest to hold it all!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thickitt
United States
flag msg tools
Kiwizor wrote:
Hey, I designed the dashboards. If you have any queries, feel free to ask. There's now a gear grid only version (that tracks survival actions and affinity) and a gear grid + dashboard version.


hey there! Nice work! Just wondering, can you post a picture of the gear grid + dashboard version? Also, is the material plastic?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cainosnam wrote:
I build my organizer by foam core by the instruction on this side. I think it´s very useful, because all cards, tokens and manuals fit in one box.


But an organizer made of wood would be amazing. But I don´t know, if sleeved cards will fit. Does anybody know that?


And it's not black. You have to paint it first.
http://vibrantlantern.com/extra/tdt_organizer/


I e-mailed them asking about this very subject. They wrote back to me saying that they had tested it using Fantasy Flight card sleeves and everything fit. I specifically asked about all of the cards (settlement, gear etc.) seeing as FF doesn't make sleeve for this, i'm to sure they really answered the entire question...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
ThickWK2 wrote:
Kiwizor wrote:
Hey, I designed the dashboards. If you have any queries, feel free to ask. There's now a gear grid only version (that tracks survival actions and affinity) and a gear grid + dashboard version.


hey there! Nice work! Just wondering, can you post a picture of the gear grid + dashboard version? Also, is the material plastic?


Yes, the material is plastic, or PLA, which is used in 3D printing.

Here you go! It's in 2 parts - dashboard is a piece on its own, gear grid the other piece.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alles ist nur Illusion
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check out the insert's building guide on Vibrant Lantern, it shows an extremely snugg fit on the settlement location and event cards. In my opinion, these cards will not fit in the designated tray when sleeved. However, it looks like there is still spare room to put them somewhere else. You can't have it all, right?

After my core game arrives, I will definitely check it out further (if the new insert of the box cannot satisfy my organisational hunger ).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnston
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Guys,
i'm probably going to be shot to pieces for posting this,but here goes.
I recently discovered this game system through a series of videos on the Beasts Of War You Tube site, and it LOOKED BRILLIANT.
I became quite intrigued by the mechanics and the great balance between dungeon bash and building your settlement,but was a little mystified by the lack of 'buzz' on this side of the pond.
nevertheless, I decided to look into buying a set,and you could imagine my shock,when on Amazon UK,the core set was retailing for a staggering £800 Sterling( that's about $1600 for our American cousins) and between £35 and £70 for a single miniature ! Whaaaaat ? followed by a swift 'nah'.
You could buy a (pretty lousy,i'll admit) second hand car,or a decent holiday for this price.
I mean, come on people...
Looking for alternatives, I discovered Gloomhaven,which for a fraction of the price,and a better combat system,gives a very similar experience.I know where my cash will be going if/when I decide to dip a toe into legacy gaming.
I used to think Games Workshop were bad for money grabbing until I saw this.
Whilst it is a good and clever ruleset,there is no way it is worth this amount of money.Think about what you could buy with that,go on, I dare you.The other thing is, when you pay out that much,you begin to look at what you actually get for your money.Cards,booklets,couple of boards,a few miniatures (presumable metal?) and some flat cardboard terrain bits.Hmmmmm.
Sorry,but i'll pass.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIGBAT wrote:
Hi Guys,
i'm probably going to be shot to pieces for posting this,but here goes.
I recently discovered this game system through a series of videos on the Beasts Of War You Tube site, and it LOOKED BRILLIANT.
I became quite intrigued by the mechanics and the great balance between dungeon bash and building your settlement,but was a little mystified by the lack of 'buzz' on this side of the pond.
nevertheless, I decided to look into buying a set,and you could imagine my shock,when on Amazon UK,the core set was retailing for a staggering £800 Sterling( that's about $1600 for our American cousins) and between £35 and £70 for a single miniature ! Whaaaaat ? followed by a swift 'nah'.
You could buy a (pretty lousy,i'll admit) second hand car,or a decent holiday for this price.
I mean, come on people...
Looking for alternatives, I discovered Gloomhaven,which for a fraction of the price,and a better combat system,gives a very similar experience.I know where my cash will be going if/when I decide to dip a toe into legacy gaming.
I used to think Games Workshop were bad for money grabbing until I saw this.
Whilst it is a good and clever ruleset,there is no way it is worth this amount of money.Think about what you could buy with that,go on, I dare you.The other thing is, when you pay out that much,you begin to look at what you actually get for your money.Cards,booklets,couple of boards,a few miniatures (presumable metal?) and some flat cardboard terrain bits.Hmmmmm.
Sorry,but i'll pass.


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomDeath

BONUS READ: http://vibrantlantern.com/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex J
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Haha I love good troll. Just tossing this randomly into a thread that isn't relevant at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
mbmbmb
£800 Sterling is $1600?
Not in my world. ;-)
Also many rare, old or out of print GW-items will cost a fortune.
That´s nothing new and for sure not limited to Kingdom Death
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
LOL. Now I love my Black Friday core game even more.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MIGBAT wrote:
the core set was retailing for a staggering £800 Sterling( that's about $1600 for our American cousins)

Lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.