Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about coins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chet Zeshonski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all coins generated from an Attack Skill awarded simultaneously? For example, suppose I activate Don Santiago and use Whirlwind to attack multiple zones containing enemy crew. I then play the card that gives the attacking hero 1 coin per hit "when a friendly hero attacks." I then wipe out, say, six enemy crew and an objective that had 3 Health left, so I scored 9 hits and got, say, 3 coins from the objective.

Are all the zones attacked simultaneously? If so, does this generate 18 coins for Don Santiago? (Nine coins for hits, plus six for crew, plus three for the objective?) And if I play the card that allows me to give the same number of coins to another hero, does that hero also gain 18 coins?

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bone White
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
This is a question that's been asked many times but we still don't have an answer from Michael.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You have three instances of gaining Coin happening there: one from the Attack, one from the Tide Card, and another from the Objective being destroyed.

1.) Fortune's Favor, the Tide Card that grants you Coin based on Hits, would trigger for every Hit from the attack. So yes, using it with Don Santiago's Leveled Up Whirlwind is very potent.

2.) Share the Wealth, which is the card that allows another friendly Hero to gain the same amount of Coin, would only generate nine at most ("only"), assuming you're using it with Fortune's Favor and scored a colossal nine Hits.

And yes, this is a very potent money generating combo for Maria de la Muerte, but it does require a large amount of set-up and conditions to happen, as you'd need Don Santiago, Whirlwind leveled up, target rich zones, to roll well, and to have those two specific Tide Cards in your hand.

If you do, however, go nuts.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet Zeshonski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Michael. That clears things up quite nicely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:
You have three instances of gaining Coin happening there: one from the Attack, one from the Tide Card, and another from the Objective being destroyed.

1.) Fortune's Favor, the Tide Card that grants you Coin based on Hits, would trigger for every Hit from the attack. So yes, using it with Don Santiago's Leveled Up Whirlwind is very potent.

2.) Share the Wealth, which is the card that allows another friendly Hero to gain the same amount of Coin, would only generate nine at most ("only"), assuming you're using it with Fortune's Favor and scored a colossal nine Hits.

And yes, this is a very potent money generating combo for Maria de la Muerte, but it does require a large amount of set-up and conditions to happen, as you'd need Don Santiago, Whirlwind leveled up, target rich zones, to roll well, and to have those two specific Tide Cards in your hand.

If you do, however, go nuts.




Thanks again Michael for being so great about answering rule items on the forums. Im sure the community feels the same as me about the great customer and community love! =)

A quick followup question to the above to confirm:

So for #2 above, if the one multi zone attack scores 9 total hits (so 3, 3 and 3 for instance in three different zones), and you just played "Share the Wealth" (which triggers "when friendly Hero gains Coin") instead of Fortunes Favor, would Share the Wealth still consider the whole attack as one instance of gaining coin and give 9? Or does each zone pay out its coins separate so just 3 coins.

My interpretation is the former (Whirlwind is "one attack" even if you are rolling multiple zones so has one gold trigger pay out) but I could see it being argued the other way... and my gaming group likes to argue bout these things unfortunately -_-...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whirlwind is 1 Attack and 1 instance of gaining Coin, doesn't matter how many zones it targets.

Just the same as if your opponent played something that gave a penalty to the attack it would affect all zones as well.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Shinall wrote:
Whirlwind is 1 Attack and 1 instance of gaining Coin, doesn't matter how many zones it targets.

Just the same as if your opponent played something that gave a penalty to the attack it would affect all zones as well.




Thank you thank you for the quick clarification!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Brind
msg tools
mbmbmb
An enemy Hero KO's because of Captain Hooks Passive Ability (4dmg for a Hero goes oberboard)
Does Captain hook gets 3 Coins or every Hero 1 Coin?
I guess Captain Hook but not shure about this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BabaD wrote:
An enemy Hero KO's because of Captain Hooks Passive Ability (4dmg for a Hero goes oberboard)
Does Captain hook gets 3 Coins or every Hero 1 Coin?
I guess Captain Hook but not shure about this.


The way i interpret the "Coins For The Taking" section, my guess is Captain Hook gets the 3 Coins because the wording is "enemy effect or Attack originating from a Hero". Since the effect is from his passive ability Tick Tock and is causing it, he gets the coins (or that's how I see it at least).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.