SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: failure, end of turn, what happens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I roll all blanks at a dangerous site, but have someone like "The Foreman" as my active advisor, my turn ends "immediately", but I still have to exhaust the Foreman, and do I therefore get to hire an advisor just before exhausting him?
Quote:
At the end of your turn, before exhausting the Foreman, you may hire...

It moves immediately to the "end of my turn" and at that point the ability is supposed to trigger.

Official ruling would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Guerra
United States
Gladstone
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is going to be a situation best resolved by house rule/agreement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin McPartland
United States
Jessup
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Oliver Hazard Perry leader counter from Amateurs, To Arms! by Clash of Arms Games.
badge
Warrior Band counter for Conquest of Paradise by GMT Games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like so many others.

Most recently, our group had a long discussion about how the Observatory is supposed to work.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that to mean you do not get a second action. You still check for milestones and exhaust advisers (which is when the Foreman hiring triggers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
I understand that to mean you do not get a second action. You still check for milestones and exhaust advisers (which is when the Foreman hiring triggers).

While the developers didn't answer the exact question asked above, they did indicate that you performed end-of-turn activities. I'd say that includes triggering the foreman, since that's linked to exhausting your advisor which *definitely* occurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's consistent with the reply I got from Rob Daviau.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.