Chad Cooper
United States
Plano
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:

"When a wizard is slain...immediately draws a card from the Dead Wizard Deck.....At the Start of each new round of the game, each dead wizard draws a dead wizard card."

So, when you are slain you draw ONE Dead Wizard card, then when the next round starts you draw ANOTHER Dead Wizard card. For a total of 2 dead wizard cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff McLeod
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way we've been doing it here when we play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You draw an additional DWC at the start of each subsequent round, so it could be more than two.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my reading (somewhat backed up by Matt's reply), "round" doesn't mean "until someone gets the Last Wizard Standing token", it means "each time players choose their spells". So if you get kicked out by the first lot of spells, you will draw a DW card then and every time the other players are picking their spells until they reach a Last Wizard Standing, which could mean you have a huge chunk of the DW deck when you finally get to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In my reading (somewhat backed up by Matt's reply)
Matt is from Cryptozoic, the publisher of the game.

Per the written rules (a round is):
"Start of each round: Each wizard draws from the main deck until he or she has a full hand of eight cards.
Each dead wizard draws a dead wizard card.

Create your spell

Turn order

Resolve your spell"

The rules define a set of rounds that determines a Last Wizard Standing is a "Game", and a set of games as a "Match". So the terms Game, Match, and Round are clearly defined within the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
Quote:
In my reading (somewhat backed up by Matt's reply)
Matt is from Cryptozoic, the publisher of the game.

I realised that. It was more that (a) Matt's post is kind of short and doesn't explain the difference between the terms, and (b) I don't have the rulebook in front of me to quote same. Hence "somewhat backed up", since it confirms that you can gain multiple Dead Wizard cards but doesn't clear up the difference between "Round", "Game" and "Match".

But thank you for actually quoting the rulebook to confirm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.