Subject: XP spread amongst classes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen LastNameHere
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
So our group has been playing now for about ~5 weeks, and so far the only two classes I have been using have been the Spellweaver and the Tinkerer. Both I really enjoy, and every game I seem to get anywhere from 15-23xp (before end of scenario bonuses). Everyone else in my group of four never comes close to that much. I should note they play the scoundrel, mind thief, and cragheart. Has anyone else ran into this problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a cragheart and can hit ~15-20xp+scenario bonus in a game. It does require careful clustering of enemies for the card with the biggest bonus on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play mindthief and get around 11-13 bonus experience. I played Scoundrel-Mindthief-Tinkerer in one solo game and got 17 bonus with the scoundrel, 13 with the mindthief and just 6 with the tinkerer, if I recall correctly.

The cragheart in our group doesn't tend to get much bonus xp, but our spellweaver hasn't gotten less than 20 yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d w
Sweden
flag msg tools
I've seen the same thing in our group, my Mindthief is almost a level behind the Spellweaver in XP. I usually get 9-12 XP before bonuses, while he regularly gets 15+ before bonuses. Our brute is maybe 10-12 XP ahead of me with our Tinkerer another few points ahead, but still some way behind the Spellweaver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Laurin
Australia
Perth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icelock wrote:
I've seen the same thing in our group, my Mindthief is almost a level behind the Spellweaver in XP. I usually get 9-12 XP before bonuses, while he regularly gets 15+ before bonuses. Our brute is maybe 10-12 XP ahead of me with our Tinkerer another few points ahead, but still some way behind the Spellweaver.

Not sure if this is meant to be a strategy thread, but to get a couple more XP (and maybe an extra round or two) out of the mindthief, pick up your augment when you rest, so you can play it again for the XP (and attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far for me Spellweaver outdid all other classes I played so far when it comes to XP.
Mindthief was also pretty good for XP and Tinkere doesn't do too bad either, Cragheart was always very swingy, but it averaged out pretty ok, Brute is the one that for me was always a bit behind for most scenarios, but he could have some big ones in there when I timed it well and I didn't play Scoundrel a lot, so the 2 times I tried her she did pretty good as far as I remember. That's just mentioning the starting ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mind Thief in our group is always the biggest XP, although my Tinkerer usually keeps pace. It seems like he usually gains around 15 per scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Furry Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think it doesn't really matter that much. I'm playing a class right now that is very dependant on gold for it's strength and has nice loot cards (I easily get 8-10 coins per scenario). Gaining experience with it is rather difficult, though (I average around 6-10). In regards to enhancements, this is balanced by having very few slots on cards and the cards that have slots are either expensive to enhance or have weak slots.

A character like the spellweaver doesn't get much from items, though and is more reliant on perks and good card combinations. Thus, experience is much more important. Other classes that can get experience easily like the ones that focus more on summons are also not very gold-relient as summons don't benefit from items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d w
Sweden
flag msg tools
MrTroy wrote:
icelock wrote:

Not sure if this is meant to be a strategy thread, but to get a couple more XP (and maybe an extra round or two) out of the mindthief, pick up your augment when you rest, so you can play it again for the XP (and attack).

Good suggestion, but I think I just need to be a bit more aggressive with my loss cards in general. I've only come close to exhaust once so far in our games while our Spellweaver has exhausted pretty much every game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oehler
msg tools
mb
I've been able to get high teens or more base XP from Cragheart pretty reliably once some of the mid level cards came in - I got 23 XP last time. I didn't get much in the first mission, but if you can use up Backup Ammo and eat your earth elements XP should be decent. Right now, as long as I combo effectively, the XP is just rolling in. To get less, I think I'd have to play poorly.

Spellweaver seems like it can usually get a bunch since its lost cards can provide high XP twice. Brute can usually do mid teens. Tinkerer seems pretty hit or miss so far - it doesn't seem to have a lot of XP on repeatable cards as opposed to its many lost ones, and its support cards tend to lack XP. So it can go nuts with heals and stunning/poisoning/wounding enemies and be really useful and still get very few XP. It still has potential to get XP but everything depends on burning cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen LastNameHere
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
MrTroy wrote:
icelock wrote:

Smart! I'll have to let ours know

Also I'm glad to see its not just us, it almost felt like I was miscounting xp somehow. Maybe this should be a thread for XP strategy cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin lenaghan
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play scoundrel and usually get about 8-12 xp per scenario.

The tinker in my group however gets about 15xp on average.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I think your Mindthief player could be getting more xp.

Per Isaac in the FAQ, when you play an augment card, you can ignore the augment part to use it as(usually) the Attack 1 +1xp part of the card, while keeping your current augment in play.

So, get the +2 augment up, then use the others as Attack 3 +1xp. She can level pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my new mindthief now for a few scenarios. 20xp+ is the norm for me, after a slow first two games.
With more players, it's a bit easier to gain xp, as there is more to hit. Augements and the ranged attack cards with xp (the ones which are not lost) really add up. Ocassionally the melee attack with ice (stun) for 1xp. During the end of the scenario, you can then play the lost cards worth 2xp each.
And never use Scurry for the loot action, unless the end is near!

My cragheart struggles a lot more with xp, but I think this has to do with his role in the group. I'll have to check more carefully next time, if 20xp+ are possible with the Cragheart, as mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.