Popular Tags: [View All]
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a commando starts a turn injured and are healed by another commando during that commando phase, do they regain the action points lost to the injury, or are the amount of actions points they get fixed at the start of the round? Similarly, if commando is critically injured and gets healed, do they take a turn at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on when the injured commandos takes their turn with respect to the rest of the commandos. You cannot split actions from one commando across other commando activations (with the exception of any saved +1 actions).

So if the other commandos are able to take actions and heal the previously injured commando, the previously injured commando can take a normal turn.

You can even have a commando with two wounds and a med kit to spend their first action to fully heal themselves and immediately use the two new actions gained.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

jayelbird wrote:
If a commando starts a turn injured and are healed by another commando during that commando phase, do they regain the action points lost to the injury, or are the amount of actions points they get fixed at the start of the round? Similarly, if commando is critically injured and gets healed, do they take a turn at all?

I think the answers you're looking for are found under, "First Aid Kit", page 19.

When a First Aid kit is used on the injured Commando, all -1 action tokens are removed from the Commando's card. This of course will by default restore all the Commando's action points. So as Steve wrote above, if the now-healed Commando hasn't taken his turn yet, well then he's good to go for the current phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marabu Marabu
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
NutsAndVolts wrote:

You can even have a commando with two wounds and a med kit to spend their first action to fully heal themselves and immediately use the two new actions gained.

Hope this helps!

I have just started with the game, but I dont think thats right. "First Aid Kit", page 19., the example describes exactely this case, when character has two wounds and uses med kit with the last action. But it gains one action, not two. As I understand it if character heals himself, it gains the number of actions he had before being healed for that turn. So if character has one wound and heals himself, has again 2 actions for that turn. If lets say medic is in critical condition having 3 wounds and uses his special action and heals himself with 0 action, he does not have any action left for that turn.

When character is healed by other character, it is as you have written. It seems to be a little bit strange and during my first play I also played it in your way because it seems to me more logical (My scout had 2 wounds, with his only action healed himself and continued with 2 actions. But the rules are clear in this point.

Also here is it explained and undirectly confirmed by designer:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1696449/action-points-and-w...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marabu wrote:
NutsAndVolts wrote:

Hope this helps!

I have just started with the game, but I dont think thats right. "First Aid Kit", page 19., the example describes exactely this case, when character has two wounds and uses med kit with the last action. But it gains one action, not two. As I understand it if character heals himself, it gains the number of actions he had before being healed for that turn. So if character has one wound and heals himself, has again 2 actions for that turn. If lets say medic is in critical condition having 3 wounds and uses his special action and heals himself with 0 action, he does not have any action left for that turn.

When character is healed by other character, it is as you have written. It seems to be a little bit strange and during my first play I also played it in your way because it seems to me more logical (My scout had 2 wounds, with his only action healed himself and continued with 2 actions. But the rules are clear in this point.

Also here is it explained and undirectly confirmed by designer:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1696449/action-points-and-w...

Doh! You are totally correct. Thanks for catching my mistake! I'll have to remember to play that way from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure that reference is answering the same question. I also think you are complicating things.

1. If another character hels you before you act you restore the healed actions and can then use them that turn.

2. When you spend an action to heal and remove any -1 you only get the actions you healed. So if you had 1 action and spent it to heal 2 (removed 2 x -1wounds) you get 2 actions.

The example in the reference shows the commando having 3 actions and losing 1 (gaining a wound) after spending 2 , which means it is dynamic and the number of actions at the start of your turn are not guaranteed.

You cannot regain a spent action but you can regain unspent actions or put aother way you only regain actions for wounds healed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marabu Marabu
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
I am not complicating things at all. Just try to understand the game. The rules are not clear in this topic. And the example above from this thread is exactly example from the rules - when character has 2 wounds, 1 action left, uses this action healing himself, he gets 1 action to use for given turn.

Example from rules:

Example: the Sniper suffered 2 injuries, thus reducing her
number of actions per turn to 1. On her tile there are a first aid
kit and the Scout. She can take the first aid kit (0 action) and use
it to heal herself with her only one action left.

Of course it is possible I understand it in the wrong way due to the language problem, I am not native speaker. But you are:-)

So your understanding of this example with the sniper is that after healing herself she can use 2 actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:

When you use a first aid kit on yourself: it removes all injuries, BUT your turn will be played only with the number of actions available for your character at the begining of his turn.
For example if you have 2 injuries, you can use your single action remaining to use a first aid kit to heal yourself, but you will not be able to perform additional actions for the turn.

That's why it is better to be healed by another commando.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marabu Marabu
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you! Funny, so all of us were wrong:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
jayelbird wrote:

When you use a first aid kit on yourself: it removes all injuries, BUT your turn will be played only with the number of actions available for your character at the begining of his turn.
For example if you have 2 injuries, you can use your single action remaining to use a first aid kit to heal yourself, but you will not be able to perform additional actions for the turn.

That's why it is better to be healed by another commando.

Interestingly, this was my initial reading of the rules. Good to know that was confirmed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Marabu wrote:
Thank you! Funny, so all of us were wrong:-)

Hum, not so funny on our side to see that even with all the efforts we did, there are still questions about the rules :/ This is one of the points that will be corrected in future versions.
Thanks to all of you for participating to these discusions, it helps us making better rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.