Popular Tags: [View All]
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When discarding tokens, are the tokens put back into the pool, into the reserve, or removed from the game? Because I think it may differ based on the token, specially I want to know about what to do when discarding the:
Spotted tokens
Equipment tokens
Enemy tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kingsley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Used equipment tokens are not returned to the bag and instead should be placed in a equipment discard pile somewhere. This includes spotted tokens. There are certain characters which reference discarded equipment tokens so it's important to make the distinction between being in the equipment pool (bag) and the equipment discard.

Enemy tokens act the opposite and are always returned to the bag after being eliminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The rulebook can be difficult to navigate, but all your answers are there...

From page 19:
- Green Equipment tokens are discarded after use. (i.e., not returned to the reserve).
- Blue Equipment tokens are kept after use. (Is this what you meant by, "pool"?)
- Once the Equipment Reserve is empty, then you return all the discarded Equipment tokens to the Reserve.

To your three specific questions...
- Spotted Tokens: Are discarded (page 21)
- Equipment Tokens: See above (and BTW, a "Spotted" token is also an equipment token)
- Eliminated Enemy tokens: Are placed back into the Enemy Reserve (i.e., not discarded) (page 8)

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

The rulebook can be difficult to navigate, but all your answers are there...

From page 19:
- Green Equipment tokens are discarded after use. (i.e., not returned to the reserve).
- Blue Equipment tokens are kept after use. (Is this what you meant by, "pool"?)
- Once the Equipment Reserve is empty, then you return all the discarded Equipment tokens to the Reserve.

To your three specific questions...
- Spotted Tokens: Are discarded (page 21)
- Equipment Tokens: See above (and BTW, a "Spotted" token is also an equipment token)
- Eliminated Enemy tokens: Are placed back into the Enemy Reserve (i.e., not discarded) (page 8)
I
Hope this helps!

Thanks. I saw all that before, but couldn't find where "discard" is defined, as to whether it is discarded back to the pool or to a separate discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

jayelbird wrote:
Thanks. I saw all that before, but couldn't find where "discard" is defined, as to whether it is discarded back to the pool or to a separate discard pile.

I assume that when you use the term, "pool", you're actually talking about the "Reserve"? Assuming so, then the answer to your question is implied in one of the sentences I referenced to above.

Here's the complete sentence, from page 19:
"Once the equipment reserve is empty, shuffle all the discarded equipment tokens together to create a new equipment reserve."

The above excerpt informs us of two things:
- That the reserve and discard pile are two things, separate from each other.
- That discarded items are not returned to the reserve until the reserve is empty, thus items when discarded are placed in a separate discard pile.

If I can take the liberty to state the problem that I believe you're trying to highlight, is that the setup instructions don't ever mention the need for a discarded tokens area. Most other rulebooks at least mention - in some fashion - a discard area or cup, but this rulebook only implies it through that sentence I quoted above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I think also that, had the rules said "discarded to a separate discard pile" it would have helped. Having to deduce the existence of a discard pile from a separate section missed me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.