Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being in the blind playtest group for this stimulating and compelling I would like to share a brief report of my first game.

I made mistakes and misinterpretations along the way but felt I got a broad feel for it. It seems tough for the Ottomans. Plague set in on turn five (out of the twenty my game went to, and on the third turn it was rolled for) and took a huge toll of them. Although only St.Angelo was left to the Christians it was 23 : 26 (Ott : Chr) Strength Points left. Though the Otts had all their artillery and half the Chr left were (weak) Maltese the plague would have gotten them before St.Angelo fell.

I made an error in respect to the Ottoman Strategy (No. 1 in this case) in that after Mdina fell the Otts took St.Elmo (in four weeks , with Crossfire from Tigne)when they should have gone for Birgu first. Senglea fell next after a successful Naval Attack left about 6 SP of Janissaries and Spahis in an unguarded coastal TZ. Then Birgu eventually fell (6 Weeks to clear it I think) in a two pronged assault from Senglea and the Southern walls.

Next time the Otts will go for Birgu and the Chr Hospital there first, provided it is not too heavily defended and execute their Ranged Fire attacks more carefully whilst perhaps seeking multiple wall Breaches in a Fortification so as to have more Melee opportunities. Though this will of course require more Actions and time, which are always running on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.