Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edit: minimal spolier content.

They both knew it was a trap, but regardless, Atchimo the Brute and Solene the Sunkeeper, had to find for themselves what the cultists were planning and what the Gloom is. Before they could arrive to the Crypt a rockslide blocked their path. With pure strength and bad judgment, Atchimo cleared the path, at a bitter price; they were going to start their next adventure partially tired.

By the time they arrived to the crypt the trap was already set and from a black rift, The Gloom, a massive, rotten and decaying Living Corpse emerged. This Living Corpse was not like the others, it was bigger, stronger and less stupid. Four cultists were there surrounding the mercenaries and their first action was to summon skeletons from piles of bones strategically disposed on the floor … the odds were against the pair that, so far, had such an inspiring and successful journey in Gloomhaven.

The Brute dashed towards the elite Cultist and with the swing of his axe, and the luck grace of blessing, cut off his head and destroyed one of the skeletons at the same time, but the enemies retaliated and dropped the Brute’s health by half. The Sunkeeper went to his aid, slightly healed Atchimo and gave him another turn of actions. The Brute killed another skeleton, moved towards the Living Corpse, pushed him away from the party and immobilised the fearsome summon.

However, the tide was bound to change, and in the next few rounds the enemies have managed to corner Atchimo and Solene causing them severe wounds. Our heroes were not going to drop without giving it all they had. In an altruistic move, the Brute trampled over and killed the Living Corpse, taunting the remaining 2 living bones away from Solene before getting exhausted, this action allowed the Sunkeeper to run away from their foes an loot all the available coins in the room before running away to fight another day.

Wasn’t too long when Atchimo and Solene returned to the foul crypt and faced their culprits. But this time around they were better prepared, rested, better equipped and with a tailored set of skills to overcome any danger.

Based on their previous encounter, condescendingly, the Cultist decided they didn’t need to summon the Living Bones from the start and recklessly charged at the mercenaries. The indomitable Brute and the powerhouse Sunkeeper, within a few rounds killed the entire cultist group and the bestial Living Corpse; although the quest was far from over.

Two doors, one on each opposite side of the room had to be explored and all the evil extinguished before their mission could be completed. Opening the left room the party was surprised by creatures of pure dark energy, Night Demons, these creatures of elusive nature can cause severe damage to adjacent enemies. The fight was difficult and resulted in Atchimo to be nearly exhausted. However the divine power that engulfs Sunkeeper allowed the Brute to regain his strength from a once lost source.

Now they had to move to the room on the extreme opposite side of the map, open the door and kill whatever was left. Again Solene empowered Atchimo and made him move like the wind covering half the distance between doors during her own turn. The Brute showing a devastating and un-equivalent bravery slammed down the door rushing at two staggered Sun Demons. In a single blow to the chest the Sun Demon minion started contracting to a single point of light and disappeared.

Enraged by the fall of his brother the elite Sun Demon attacked Atchimo as a juggernaut slamming a damaged old door. Far from Atchimo, Solene could only move forward hoping she could help her ally before was too late.

Atchimo wasn’t dead yet. Standing up and gathering his last strength the Brute hooked and chained the Sun Demon damaging the beast and bringing him close enough for one last hit with the halt of his sword that stunned the demon. Solene saw the opportunity and with the precision of an amazon guided by the power of the sun, shot a powerful arrow straight into the mouth of the demon, which disappeared in the same fashion as the one before him.

Next, into the Gloom…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Scholz
Germany
Gütersloh
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't read your whole post because I got the impression there would be spoilers in it
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Especially since you mentioned "the Gloom" which i think is pretty important story wise (If not I don't want to know)

So You should consider using spoiler tags and/or put a warning in the title.

Again, I haven't read your post for that reason and I might be totally of base. If so I'm sorry, if not I hope this can prevent poeople from reading things they would rather not know about yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.