5 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Swift enemies during fortified defence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Jobs
msg tools
Hi.

I didn't manage to find this in the rulebook, so asking here in case more experienced players know:
The opposite way for fortification.
Let's say you are defending a city/keep and Volkaire attacks you and possesses units with swift ability in his army. You are fortified due to the location. Do swift enemies lose their swiftness (since in PvP ranged attacks are treated as swift, are swift attacks treated as ranged in this case)? (I guess same would happen during PvP if Krang was attacking another player with his controlled swift unit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they don't lose it:
Volkare Attacks a Player wrote:
When attacking, Volkare also ignores any site fortifications, i.e. it does not matter if the player sit s at a fortified site or is attacked over a wall when he is attacked by Volkare (imagine when a Mage Knight accepts Volkare’s challenge, he faces him on a battlefield, not behind city walls).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
maumastoks wrote:
Hi.

I didn't manage to find this in the rulebook, so asking here in case more experienced players know:
The opposite way for fortification.
Let's say you are defending a city/keep and Volkaire attacks you and possesses units with swift ability in his army. You are fortified due to the location. Do swift enemies lose their swiftness (since in PvP ranged attacks are treated as swift, are swift attacks treated as ranged in this case)? (I guess same would happen during PvP if Krang was attacking another player with his controlled swift unit)

Didn't use PvP yet, but when using Krang's Puppet Master to discard a defeated enemy token for attack, there is only talk about getting the element of the attack. Nothing about other abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jobs
msg tools
Thanks for swift replies guys! =D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hover Harder
badge
You hoverin'?
mbmbmbmbmb
maumastoks wrote:
Thanks for swift replies guys! =D

You need twice as much block to completely block these swift replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.