Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bonus Lightsaber for Missions question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I use a german Version of the game so I dunno what the correct designations in the english versions are, I hope you still get my question.

Whenever a commander tries a mission which contains his picture below the requirements he gets 2 additional results (1 lightsaber), thats pretty clear.

But what happens if a commander (f.e. Luke) tries a mission which contains the picture of another commander (f.e. searching for the Deathstar plans, which contains a picture of princess Leia) in a System where this other commander is present (f.e. Leia). Leia will, OFC, add her two spy dice. BUT does she also get the addtional lightsaber, meaning the additional 2 results? she is there, she is helping with the mission, its her picture, but she didnt start the mission...

this happened because I just freed leia through Obiwan's Special mission which required her to stay in the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook page 9 Section 5.
If the mission card has a leader portrait on the topleft corner of the card, its owner gains two additional successes if one of the leaders assigned to this mission matches this portrait.

Since Leia was not assigned to the mission you don't get the two additional results for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanx a lot. I feel like the english version of the rulebook is often better worded than the the german one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
maerlyn wrote:
this happened because I just freed leia through Obiwan's Special mission which required her to stay in the system.

For the Greater Good mission card does not make the rescued leader stay in the system - only leaders assigned to it remain there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maerlyn wrote:
thanx a lot. I feel like the english version of the rulebook is often better worded than the the german one.

I yet have to come across any strange translations and wordings in this rulebook that is not mandated by strange Disney translation rules for Character- and Unit-Names. The german version of this rule is found on page 9 and reads

Falls in der oberen linken Ecke der Missionskarte das Portrait eines Anführers abgebildet ist, erhält der Besitzer der Karte 2 Bonuserfolge, falls der abgebildete Anführer der Mission zugewiesen wurde.
(emphasize mine)

Which is basically a very faithful translation including making sure that appropriate keywords are consistently used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
maerlyn wrote:

I yet have to come across any strange translations and wordings in this rulebook that is not mandated by strange Disney translation rules for Character- and Unit-Names. The german version of this rule is found on page 9 and reads

Falls in der oberen linken Ecke der Missionskarte das Portrait eines Anführers abgebildet ist, erhält der Besitzer der Karte 2 Bonuserfolge, falls der abgebildete Anführer der Mission zugewiesen wurde.
(emphasize mine)

Which is basically a very faithful translation including making sure that appropriate keywords are consistently used.

ok ok ok, alright .

so its my limited understanding of german. I read that exact part of my rulebook and still didnt get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fax Gerat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
maerlyn wrote:

For the Greater Good mission card does not make the rescued leader stay in the system - only leaders assigned to it remain there.

I dont get this. I thought leaders always stay in the System where they attempted their mission. which would mean that Obiwan has to stay in the System after he saved Leia anyway. if this is true the part of the mission which refers to "stay in that System" would refer to Leia.

Or am I missing something and the other rescue missions return the leader who attempted the rescue mission also to the rebel base?

If the later is true, what happens if Han Solo uses the Millenium Falcon to rescue a leader, is he also returned to the rebelbase afterwards although he just, f.e., made a Sabotage run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maerlyn wrote:
Perf wrote:
maerlyn wrote:

I dont get this. I thought leaders always stay in the System where they attempted their mission. which would mean that Obiwan has to stay in the System after he saved Leia anyway. if this is true the part of the mission which refers to "stay in that System" would refer to Leia.

Or am I missing something and the other rescue missions return the leader who attempted the rescue mission also to the rebel base?

If the later is true, what happens if Han Solo uses the Millenium Falcon to rescue a leader, is he also returned to the rebelbase afterwards although he just, f.e., made a Sabotage run?

For a Rescue, unless otherwise specified the rescued leader goes to the rebel base and any of the leaders assigned to the mission may also go to the rebel base.

Page 5, German Rules, Gefangene Anführer retten wrote:
Mit manchen Karten kann man gefangene Anführer retten. Sobald
ein Anführer gerettet wird, legt man den Zustandsring „Gefangener
Anführer“ ab und setzt den Anführer auf das Feld „Rebellenstützpunkt“.
(...)
Nachdem ein Anführer durch eine Mission gerettet worden ist,
darf jeder Anführer, der dieser Mission zugewiesen war, ebenfalls
auf das Feld „Rebellenstützpunkt“ bewegt werden. Alle anderen
Anführer bleiben, wo sie sind.

Edit: Re Millenium Falcon. I am not sure. considering that the FAQ allows one of the leaders assigned to the mission that triggers the ring being captured by "it is your destiny" I would lean towards the very same leaders also being allowed to the rebel base.

Edit: Found the clarification: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22794347#22794347

Yes, the leaders assigned to the mission that was used to trigger the Falcon ring may be returned to the Rebel base. Do note, that the ring just needs to be present in the system. So for instance Han Solo could be standing in the system with the Ring attached. Leia is there and captured. Now Chewie comes in and resolves a mission successfully. This could trigger the ring returning both Leia and Chewie to the Rebel base while Han is hanging out, wondering where he parked the Falcon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
chrisdk wrote:
For a Rescue, unless otherwise specified both any of the leaders attempting the mission as well as the rescued leader may go to the rebel base.

It's probably worth noting that going back to Rebel base with rescued leader is mandatory, not optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
chrisdk wrote:
For a Rescue, unless otherwise specified both any of the leaders attempting the mission as well as the rescued leader may go to the rebel base.

It's probably worth noting that going back to Rebel base with rescued leader is mandatory, not optional.

You are of course correct. Edited to reflect this correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lindén
Sweden
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
Do note, that the ring just needs to be present in the system. So for instance Han Solo could be standing in the system with the Ring attached. Leia is there and captured. Now Chewie comes in and resolves a mission successfully. This could trigger the ring returning both Leia and Chewie to the Rebel base while Han is hanging out, wondering where he parked the Falcon.

An amazing scenario! Surely if this happens the Empire should be allowed the option of either eliminating the leader that stole the Falcon or turning Han to the dark side

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
chrisdk wrote:

Actually it's more complicated: (from page 12 of the RR) "After rescuing a leader with a mission, any leaders assigned
to the mission may also move to the “Rebel Base” space. Any
other leaders in the system stay in the system."

So moving the captured leader back to the rebel base is mandatory. But moving the people attempting the mission back is optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Yes, that's what I wrote (and Chris edited the part quoted by me as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.